• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

What was your last watch related delivery? My doorbell just went ...

1 hour ago, Nick67+1 said:

49988903161_5b235bef7b_b.jpg

Lasted all of 6 hours on my wrist after waiting two months for delivery! 

gosh - I have been thinking about the Yema Armee de l'Air quite seriously too ...

Maybe I will stick with a Certina 500m diver ....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

gosh - I have been thinking about the Yema Armee de l'Air quite seriously too ...

Maybe I will stick with a Certina 500m diver ....

I nearly asked for a refund a month ago when they were struggling to get hold of the straps for it. 

Only because I really liked it I held on but it’s turned into a bit of a nightmare now. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's just statistics. I'm sure they will have it fixed for you, but the compound of issues feels painful. 

Gutted for you, but I'd push for a fix and for the current 15% deal, or if you've had that, a free strap as per the current summer sale. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, al_kaholik said:

Unfortunately it's just statistics. I'm sure they will have it fixed for you, but the compound of issues feels painful. 

Gutted for you, but I'd push for a fix and for the current 15% deal, or if you've had that, a free strap as per the current summer sale. 

I got the 15% off originally, that’s been on for months. 

To be fair they have been really good customer service wise whenever I contacted them, they changed the delivery address from home to work,  they threw in the leather travel case which originally wasn’t included.

Just frustrating. 

27 minutes ago, Nick67+1 said:

I got the 15% off originally, that’s been on for months. 

To be fair they have been really good customer service wise whenever I contacted them, they changed the delivery address from home to work,  they threw in the leather travel case which originally wasn’t included.

Just frustrating. 

Yes, sorry, I know the feeling waiting for my Traska for months only to shear a screw in the bracelet. Last adjustable link so no wear for a while until the new one arrived!

I'm rooting for Yema and you...

3 hours ago, Nick67+1 said:

No, sent by DHL, very well packaged. Didn’t get confirmation it had been dispatched, just turned up.

Having said that I have had watches delivered to work before from Creation in Singapore and they have just come straight through and used the firm DHL account for all charges. Had to find and pay the invoice by card myself. 

Nice one thanks for that Nick, good to know.

I've used Creation before but always opted for the Royal Mail option of delivery and never paid import fees with them doing it that way.

Right just need sign off with the Finance Director (Mrs Spanks) and I'm off to order a Rallygraf!!!

Thanks, Cheers

Does this count? I took delivery earlier this afternoon. Bremont's Ocean Blue Cap.

thumbnail-20200610-182824.jpg

It took 22 days to get here from Henley. Not bad in the circumstances. Part of Bremont's push to promote environmentally friendly products (sent halfway around the World). So apart from being made with 25% organic cotton, 40% is from recycled landfill plastic and 35% is ocean recycled plastic, collected by Spanish fisherman, which probably explains why it cost so much! :(

Anyway, I have been wanting one of their caps for some time as I think they look very nice and I am very pleased with it. So a few more pics....

thumbnail-20200610-183032.jpg

thumbnail-20200610-182901.jpg

thumbnail-20200610-182029.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Caller. said:

It took 22 days to get here from Henley.

I have a couple of spares / repairs watches on the way from The Ukraine, in transit 39 days!

4 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

I have a couple of spares / repairs watches on the way from The Ukraine, in transit 39 days!

I will get confirmation today, but I heard a couple of days back, that Thai Royal Mail are now sending airmail again to the UK. For some reason, they stopped providing this service to almost anywhere and have slowly been 'opening up' again! Seems strange to me,

Ordered a Hamilton off T K Maxx last Weekend (3-5 days delivery apparently ) to be delivered to work. 

Didn’t dispatch until Thursday and now Hermes are attempting to deliver to work on a Saturday :sign_wtf:, they have been known to leave packages in a safe place, that safe place being under a shrub near the main entrance. :sadwalk:

My Vostok from Meranom is somewhere between Russia and here for the last month. 

Throw in the issues with broken Yema I’m trying to return and I’m thinking maybe I should take a break until my luck changes. 

• Like 1

There was a time that if myHerpes were the delivery company I just wouldn't buy from that seller. I've since moved house and the lady who delivers here is good as gold

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, al_kaholik said:

There was a time that if myHerpes were the delivery company I just wouldn't buy from that seller. I've since moved house and the lady who delivers here is good as gold

Ditto here, myHerpes are really poor up here, but to be fair Royal Mail have been pretty poor. Sent 3 parcels to Sweden, 2 delivered correctly, and one has been in Saudi Arabia for 2 weeks.

If you have issues with deliveries, both of these companies are virtually impossible to contact,

Normal service will resume shortly (?)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

The problem I have with them is they are our online courier at work (cheaper than the rest).

They never used to be that bad but when they deliver anything at the moment they put it together with all our online sales returns and then it’s a question of playing social distancing hunt the package in our warehouse. :rolleyes:

When I know it’s a Hermes delivery I will put specific instructions on the order, but you don’t always know until they dispatch. 

This big boy just arrived. Nice heavy watch. I like the color and the power reserve. My first orient and I always wanted one. 

2020-06-15_04-23-05

I always liked them but aluminium bazel insert stopped me from getting one. My divers must be ready to get active with me:) Now you can get ceramic inserts for them so if I scratch it I will just get a new one and upgrade. 

Edited by Marcin
  • Like 4

Oops I did it again ...

Bought this watch just to get the buckle for a watch I have, planning to flip it, came across a whole watch including original bracelet and buckle so I have bought that for spares too and now I have too many watches again including one duplicate on the way ...

IMG_20200615_174735446(1).thumb.jpg.40dad88d8719c54c728bfbda7fde2e04.jpgIMG_20200615_174743500(1).thumb.jpg.1f1ea2e5ea59d7e3be4f4ba35609933f.jpg

I think the watch is less than 5mm thick.

IMG_20200615_174735446(1).thumb.jpg.40dad88d8719c54c728bfbda7fde2e04.jpg1592240240355522050175.thumb.jpg.f1c45d4262cad5394575b61e68bbf18a.jpg

it's about the same thickness as the band, I'll put t'calipers on it later.

• Like 2

50009512986_b68b9a85d1_b.jpg50009772772_5b0a514ae6_b.jpg

Both turned up today. The Vostok is still somewhere between Moscow and the UK according to the Russian Postal Service. 

Loving them both. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pompeak said:

Does this count?

I had low expectations, but actually super happy with it.

20200617-134002.jpg

Who knows what it is?

That, my friend, is a ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, krissy1301 said:

That, my friend, is a ball. 

Aye, you're not wrong. But a very useful ball none the less :clap:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pompeak said:

Does this count?

I had low expectations, but actually super happy with it.

20200617-134002.jpg

Who knows what it is?

Friction ball. The alternative name for saddle sore! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

Friction ball. The alternative name for saddle sore! 

10 points to this man :laughing2dw: 

For a couple of quid it's great for avoiding any risk of scratch while removing case backs

• Like 1

A Yema Rallygraf Tarmac Grey.

Set up a Flickr account but can't got the life of me work out how to post pictures, so here's a link to the Yema webiste.

https://eu.yema.com/products/yema-rallygraf-grey-tarmac-ymhf1572-am2?variant=31129878691922

Initial impressions, the bezel was slightly thinner than I thought, and the AR coating is blue, not a fan of coloured AR coatings, but overall, loving it.

Really liking the full polished case for a change, the strap is so comfortable as well. It came with an additional Tropic Strap but haven't put that on yet.

Keep finding myself staring at it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/06/2020 at 16:48, Raymond Spanks said:

A Yema Rallygraf Tarmac Grey.

Set up a Flickr account but can't got the life of me work out how to post pictures, so here's a link to the Yema webiste.

https://eu.yema.com/products/yema-rallygraf-grey-tarmac-ymhf1572-am2?variant=31129878691922

Initial impressions, the bezel was slightly thinner than I thought, and the AR coating is blue, not a fan of coloured AR coatings, but overall, loving it.

Really liking the full polished case for a change, the strap is so comfortable as well. It came with an additional Tropic Strap but haven't put that on yet.

Keep finding myself staring at it.

Very tempting website - wish I had pulled the trigger on a 300m quartz diver, when I decided to do it at last they were sold out ...