• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After all the big watch silliness over the last few days (sorry Pulsar, but you have made some big silly watches)  back to something more......moreish Stay safe guys and have a great Th

Omega Seamaster professional coaxial today.   

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Mother Nature for a late frost. Through gritted teeth. Meanwhile, HAGD!

Posted Images

After all the big watch silliness over the last few days (sorry Pulsar, but you have made some big silly watches) 

back to something more......moreish

d8f8834536683d81e03db9dbec93836e.jpgRolex+for+BLOODHOUND+SSC,+the+supersonic

Stay safe guys and have a great Thursday, or whatever day it is where you are.

Edited by tick-tock-tittle-tattle
add image
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

All at sea on my final day of working from home (my main IT system is currently not co-operating.) Office tomorrow and the skeleton WFH crew are all being recalled back to the office from Monday, mixed feelings! 

49892906058_419ff3d847_b.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Morning,

36mm Helbi today, one of my two examples of this brand, both bought from Belgium, both with different but recognisably similar trademark logos, both with different movements, and thereby a bit of a conundrum.

Today’s effort has a Swiss-made 17j FHF 72-4N and could have been made by Elida of Neuchâtel in about 1960, whilst my other one runs on a German-made PUW 60-61 and is possibly by a German maker such as Paul Werbeck who, I believe, had some representational connection with the Swiss company. It’s always possible that Elida made both, merely changing their logo at some stage and using both Swiss and German movements, or that they made neither of them.

The joys of collecting vintage watches with le bugger-all recorded history.

Regards.

Helbi G.p. 2020 2 v.2.jpg

Helbi g.p.     FHF 72-4N v.2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
28 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

Good morning all emoji41.png
bd2fe135202e3bb4802a3e4fd168eeb5.jpg

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi - that's the sort of dressy watch I've been after, a date pointer/moonphase - would you mind giving the details...?

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

This Casio, courtesy of DaveyP...

Excellent stuff, I'm chuffed to bits that you're getting some use out of that one :yahoo:  Just out of interest, does the vibrating alarm work?

I'm being a bit boring today and wearing the same Casio Edifice as yesterday:

20200414_105917

20200414_110312

:thumbsup:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Excellent stuff, I'm chuffed to bits that you're getting some use out of that one :yahoo:  Just out of interest, does the vibrating alarm work?

It certainly does, Dave...it's a pulsing brrr...brrr...brrr about twice a second, and can be used on its own or in conjunction with the beep beep audio signal.

5 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

It certainly does, Dave...it's a pulsing brrr...brrr...brrr about twice a second, and can be used on its own or in conjunction with the beep beep audio signal.

Nice one :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I`m enjoying a nice mug of real coffee & wearing these while listening to Classic FM..

Eichmüller  7930-03, Miyota cal.8215 21 Jewels

1331033519_Eichmller7930-03Miyotacal.821521Jewels.thumb.gif.c3f155f99e03b1560cd91dc038c44a26.gif

ALMIRANTE Navegante (CrepasTactico Group, Spain) SEIKO Cal. NH38A,  24 Jewels

ALMIRANTE-bracelet-DSC_0004.thumb.gif.285387e1c40ed6fe978634e18b44422b.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 11
1 hour ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

Hi - that's the sort of dressy watch I've been after, a date pointer/moonphase - would you mind giving the details...?

@DJJazzyJeff

GUANQIN Relogio

Bought off ebay by my daughter as my present for last Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up and its been running constantly ever since, gains around 30 seconds a week. You have to change the month with the top pusher and the year other than that is well made and the strap is OK as well. 

Edited by Cyclops930
Don't be nosy.
  • Like 2