• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Always"watching"

Advice Please!: Status "pending" with an online purchase

I ordered a pair of binoculars from Microglobe earlier today using a credit card (Mastercard). I noticed that there were a number of optional methods of payment and after registering a new account with Microglobe, I went through the payment process, apparently paying via "WorldPay Junior". At the very end of the checkout process a message came up indicating that there was something wrong and that the payment couldn't be completed. When I looked at my Microglobe account (the order having disappeared from my basket) I noticed that the order was there, as if completed, but had been given the status "pending."

I know I am a bit impatient and paranoid about problems with online orders, but I wonder if any money-savvy members could just explain whether I am meant to take any action, or will Microglobe automatically sort out the problem. I may be worrying unduly - not for the first time - but I am concerned that either the money will be charged to my credit card account without me receiving the binoculars or that there will be an undue delay in Microglobe sending me the item. What I don't understand is that if I made a mistake in filling in the relevant details, why didn't a simple error message come up with a simple way for me to correct any mistake?

I would appreciate a bit of friendly advice about this, as I am generally only an Amazon online purchaser and have that well sorted.

As you paid by credit card, no matter what happens, you are covered.  The best way forward would be to contact the vendor and have them clarify the scenario.

If after three attempts over a reasonable period of time. say 3 weeks, no adequate response has been received, then contact your card supplier and notify them of your suspicions, they will than ask you to wait a further period of time, after then, they will attempt to rectify the situation with the vendor, if they do not receive satisfaction then the credit card company will refund you and penalise the vendor.

This has happened to me a couple of times now, which is why I always use a credit card or PayPal.

Don't ever spend online using a debit card as they carry no form of guarantee.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Biker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you receive an email confirmation for your order? If not, you could log into your account with Microglobe and you should be able to see the status of your order. Otherwise I would just call them.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

He is probably the most annoying bloke on the telly (for me anyway) but here’s a link to his webpage that will give you some useful advice regarding claims if you have any problems 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback/#reject

Hah, I thought I was the only one who felt that way!

• Like 1

I'm a little bit similar situation.

Bought a watch on credit card just before lockdown and the company has closed all its shops and my watch is locked up.

Was going to cancel the purchase but as it was a great price and want to see if the watch is good as it looks in the photos, I'm holding my nerve.

Being a bit concerned the company folds, I've spoken to credit card company and they say credit card guarantees protection for 120 days after purchase.

If the vendor company contacts you and states a date for delivery, the 120 days starts again.

Hope this helps.

Atb.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biker said:

Hah, I thought I was the only one who felt that way!

Every time he comes on I just want to chuck the telly out the window.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Every time he comes on I just want to chuck the telly out the window.

His missus on the other hand... :wub:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I need to google for that one

She presents ‘Click’ on BBC news. Sunday mornings though, you’re probably still soaking in VRB...

Many thanks for those responses.:thumbsup:

I was pleasantly surprised in the end when I contacted Microglobe to try and sort the matter of my ordered binoculars out and resolve the "pending" status issue. The admin staff member I reached on the phone actually suggested I telephone the boss of the company as he was working from home, and he gave me the name and mobile phone number. I rang Habib, the boss, and without any further ado he said he would resolve the matter straight away by sending me a link that afternoon whereby I could go through the Worldpay payment process again using my credit card, thus removing the pending status of the order. I received a confirmation notice that my payment had gone through, and if Habib has kept his promise of immediate despatch, my binoculars should be winging their way to my house.

Given the above, I must thank Microglobe for excellent customer service and I am really looking forward to getting the binoculars. 

• Like 3