• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW - Saturday 16th May 2020

Igerswis

15 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I also have the blue version, but not for today.

I have two blue 7T32-7F70's, TWO (one for each wrist?), you know when you bid on a watch, you win it and it arrives, and then you realise that you already own the exact same watch. :swoon:

The trouble is if you buy a watch that is a 'project watch' and it is 'in bits', you can tend to forget about them, and this is my defence (for all the duplicate watches I own)

I don't own three of any watch though, that would be silly, I think I can't get away with two of the same watch and just put it down to a 'senior moment' :biggrin:

• Like 1

Morning,

Today it’ll be this unremarkable 33mm Services from the 1970s. They were known to source movements from Remex of Hong Kong (amongst many others) for some of their models, with the inner case back of this one being stamped as Remex Electronics Ltd.

However, I found that its odd 17j pin-lever movement posed more questions than expected, being clearly marked under the balance as an HP (Parrenin) 65, another example of which I could never find in any of the usual databases.

Maybe I just haven’t looked hard enough, but it got me wondering if perhaps Parrenin supplied the HP 65 ebauche as an “exclusive” to Remex who then added their own subtly understated decoration and cased it up before sending the whole shebang to Leicester. Dunno.

Regards.

Services H-K 2019 2 v.2.jpg

Services H-K HP 65 2019 3 v.2.jpg

• Like 14

42 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I have two blue 7T32-7F70's, TWO (one for each wrist?), you know when you bid on a watch, you win it and it arrives, and then you realise that you already own the exact same watch. :swoon:

The trouble is if you buy a watch that is a 'project watch' and it is 'in bits', you can tend to forget about them, and this is my defence (for all the duplicate watches I own)

I don't own three of any watch though, that would be silly, I think I can't get away with two of the same watch and just put it down to a 'senior moment' :biggrin:

Well at least you could keep the worse of the two as a donor for the movement. Because of the multitude of plastic parts, 7T32s are quite prone to 'giving up the ghost', and good, working modules are hard to come by...especially as some sellers on ebay think they have something special and attempt to get ridiculous prices for them. One seller had a yellow 7T32-7G30 'Daytona' up for grabs at over £300...madness! Personally, I wouldn't pay more than around £80 for any 7T32.

(Oh..and I did have 3 Sea Urchins at one time...)    :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Getting rid of my duplicate watches is why culling my collection had no effect, at first, on the tally, because I had only counted one of them :biggrin:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Well at least you could keep the worse of the two as a donor for the movement. Because of the multitude of plastic parts, they are quite prone to 'giving up the ghost', and good, working modules are hard to come by...especially as some sellers on ebay think they have something special and attempt to get ridiculous prices for them. One seller had a yellow 7T32 yellow Daytona up for grabs at over £300...madness! Personally, I wouldn't pay more than around £80 for any 7T32.

(Oh..and I did have 3 Sea Urchins at one time...)    :laughing2dw:

Yes some people do ask for silly money for 7T32 watches, I don't see them as a £300 watch either, but I have paid £90 plus for a 7T32-7G20 'Daytona' because I got wrapped up in the bidding. I think the 7T62-0CV0 makes for a better 'Daytona' even though it looks nothing like a 'Daytona' in my opinion. The name has stuck though rightly or wrongly.

Three urchins saved from the poorhouse just shows how benevolent you are, every urchin deserves a good home :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

large.IMG_20200516_101741416.jpg.83aaa4ed75b57157adeab4c8fb360a6f.jpg

rDXN7T3-Jrg.jpg

I've been pronouncing it wrong.

It does share similarities with the Speedy too, insofar as it's Swiss heritage is important to the promo (because that's quality, right? Swiss components) but it is Made in America, because American is best, right?  To get on the space programme the Speedies had to be X percent American, so the story is the cases were made in the US.

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Haha 1