• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Would it be an idea to revise the picture posting help thread to simplify it?

On the assumption that few people now will be using Photobucket, Google seems to cause problems, and hosting sites like imgur are a lot simpler for someone new to use.

• Like 1

Hello Andrew.

I had similar trouble as mostly use my phone.

Here is how I did it.

Download Flickr app to your phone.

Create your Flickr profile.

If your desired pic is already on your phone, simply send your pic to your Flickr account.

It's dead easy, click your pic, select share same as you would with a text picture message or an email except click share with Flickr.

Now go to your Flickr app and your pic will be there!

Whilst in Flickr app, click your pic to view and find option to share.

I'm pretty sure top option is to copy URL.

Click copy URL option and this will hold URL in the phones "memory "

Now go to Watch Forum and in the box where you want to write the message (I didn't use the long grey "insert image from url" bottom) simply click paste and the copied URL appears and your pic.

It's dead easy this way.

Summary....

Take pic.

Send to your flickr app

On your flickr app, copy URL for the pic.

Paste URL into this box

Bingo.

PS this applies to phone app only. Using a laptop to access the site will be a bit different. 

24 minutes ago, Ti22 said:

Hello Andrew.

I had similar trouble as mostly use my phone.

Here is how I did it.

Download Flickr app to your phone.

Create your Flickr profile.

If your desired pic is already on your phone, simply send your pic to your Flickr account.

It's dead easy, click your pic, select share same as you would with a text picture message or an email except click share with Flickr.

Now go to your Flickr app and your pic will be there!

Whilst in Flickr app, click your pic to view and find option to share.

I'm pretty sure top option is to copy URL.

Click copy URL option and this will hold URL in the phones "memory "

Now go to Watch Forum and in the box where you want to write the message (I didn't use the long grey "insert image from url" bottom) simply click paste and the copied URL appears and your pic.

It's dead easy this way.

Summary....

Take pic.

Send to your flickr app

On your flickr app, copy URL for the pic.

Paste URL into this box

Bingo.

PS this applies to phone app only. Using a laptop to access the site will be a bit different. 

So there is not a way to directly put a photo from my files? 

21 minutes ago, Andrew0409 said:

So there is not a way to directly put a photo from my files? 

There is, you become a gallery member for a small charge, £5 a year I believe.

Otherwise, you can upload photos to Imgur without creating an account and then post them here using the URL.

Some people find the Tapatalk app works well. It's designed to make posts to forums like TWF easier.

• Like 1

Nothing has changed. You can't, in most cases upload to the forum directly from your device, whether that is a PC, tablet or phone. This forum, as with most others, needs a URL (uniform resource locator) to find and display your pic. This URL or  code is automatically generated when you upload to a third party site such as Flikr, Imgur et al. The Gallery here will do the same. Your phone or tablet on its own won't generate a URL, so that's why you can't post directly from it.