• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Davey P

Incoming - G-Shock GST-B200D-1AER Carbon Core

Latest incoming arrived this morning.  I haven't bought any G-Shocks for a while, and this one is a beauty :yahoo:

Ladies and Gentlement, behold, the mighty GST-B200D-1AER (OK, so the name isn't very catchy! :laugh:):

20200519_132536

What's that you say?  Open the box?  Oh, alright then :laugh:

20200519_132711

After all the plastic protection is removed, this is the beast in all it's glory:

20200519_150016

The case back gives a few clues to what is inside this bad boy, with a carbon core, Bluetooth connectivity, and solar power...

20200519_145923

In true Casio tradition, it's loaded with features, most of which obviously won't get used... :whistle:  The main reason for buying this one is purely for the looks, and in that respect I am extremely happy.  It feels absolutely fantastic on the wrist, with just enough weight to know you're wearing something special, but not so heavy that it feels like a massive lump of metal trying to pull your arm out of it's socket :laugh:  The "Carbon Core Guard" refers to the centre section of the watch body, which is a lightweight carbon composite and forms part of the shock protection for the movement.  It's hardly noticeable, but when viewed from the side you can see the carbon sandwiched between the steel front and rear case parts.  Very, VERY cool IMHO :notworthy:  

I haven't really had time to play with all the bells and whistles yet.  I need to download the Casio App to my phone to access the Bluetooth functionality, but things like setting the time etc can also be done manually on the watch.  In fact, when it arrived I just switched the world time to London on the digital display, and the hands automatically swept around to the correct time.  It has the usual stopwatch, countdown timer, and various alarms as you'd expect from a modern G-Shock.  No surprises there.  One slightly unusual feature was the removable links on the bracelet.  Normally you'd expect them to be push-out pins or screw-in with collars.  However, this one has got spring pins holding the links together, which made the adjustment (I needed to take out two links) a simple 2 minute job.  Why aren't all bracelets made this way?  As with the rest of the watch, the bracelet is superb quality, very solid and well finished.

Finally, here's a gratuitous wrist shot, which DEFINITELY doesn't do the watch justice.  This is a remarkable looking thing in the flesh, and I can already confidently state it's a definite keeper:

20200519_150952

Any comments welcome, as always :thumbs_up:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That is one glorious hunk of metal, Davey. I especially like the simplicity and boldness of the dial. One more thumbs-up for Casio.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Very nice indeed Davey, I'm liking the large LCD screen window. Wear in good health mate.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Omg that was lightning quick ... and love it Dave 

great choice :thumbs_up:

plse could you do a lume photo and light button pics for us plse :whistle:

Edited by Sulie
Additional info
  • Like 1

I like it. :thumbs_up: 

very nice Davey, I really like the uncluttered face, just nice clear dial that makes it easy for bad eyes to see! Congratulations mate. 

Wow! That’s one hell of a G Shock....not usually my type of thing, but really like that even if I’d never buy one because of its size! 

• Like 1

Crikey! @Davey P...That didn't take long to arrive...just one day! I've got my sights firmly set on the latest Rangeman and if I go for it, it will be the first watch I've bought for over a year...Casio Rangeman GPR-B1000-1AER. If I get one, I want the all black version, not the one with the revolting olive green strap and yellow accents, which are about £100 cheaper...probably because no one would be seen dead in a pond green strap. At over 60 mm across, I should be able to get away with it with my stupidly large 8"+ wrist 

Mens Casio G-Shock Rangeman Bluetooth GPS Tough Solar Watch GPR-B1000-1ER

Just got to suss out the best price, because I'm deffo not paying £800 for one.

• Like 2

thats a G shock i could live with davey :thumbsup: not many i like but the metal& barcelet make  it for me, not that i would ever use even half the functions :biggrin:

deano

Great looking g-shock. How does bracelet feel on the wrist? I used to have a very nice g-steel on bracelet that really hurt my wrist. I loved the watch but had to sell it:(

Edited by Marcin

Can’t go wrong with a gshock in my opinion. Loving the clear dial. It looks a big beast :thumbs_up:

54 minutes ago, Marcin said:

Great looking g-shock. How does bracelet feel on the wrist? I used to have a very nice g-steel on bracelet that really hurt my wrist. I loved the watch but had to sell it:(

The bracelet is really comfortable mate. It helps that the watch head is lighter than it looks, thanks to the carbon centre section.  The bracelet links have very smooth edges, and they move nicely, without sticking.  It all feels very slick to me. Even the clasp is nicer than a bog standard one, with a lovely positive closing action.

2 hours ago, Sulie said:

Omg that was lightning quick ... and love it Dave 

great choice :thumbs_up:

plse could you do a lume photo and light button pics for us plse :whistle:

I'm not very good at capturing lume in photos, so here's one I nicked from t'internet:

casio-g-shock-g-steel-gst-b200d-1aer-car

You can see the digital part lights up blue, and there's an LED between the 7 & 8 hour markers, which floods the dial with a white light, so the analogue part is easily readable as well.  The LED can display different things, such as a 2nd time zone or day/date.  If the hands are covering the LED part, you can press a button to move them out of the way so it's easier to read.

I haven't even read the user guide yet, but I have got a PDF file saved.  I think it will take a while to discover all the functions on this bad boy...

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, it is very much appreciated :yahoo:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just about the best looking G Shock I have seen and one I could easily live with especially as there seem to be some greta deals around just now.

• Thanks 1

Great looking G-Shock there you have.

Any chance of Wrist shot......

What size wrist have you?

What's the diameter of the watch?

Cheers...... Hayballs

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Hayballs said:

Great looking G-Shock there you have.

Any chance of Wrist shot......

What size wrist have you?

What's the diameter of the watch?

Cheers...... Hayballs

Cheers mate, much appreciated.  It really is something special in the flesh, a real stunner, and photos just don't do it justice.

In answer to your questions, my wrist is about 7.5", and I needed to take out a couple of links to make it fit, so the full length bracelet would fit around an 8" wrist.  The watch is 46mm excluding crown, and 14mm thick.  It's relatively light for it's size though, because the centre section of the watch head is a carbon composite, which is not immediately obvious until you look closer.

Here's the wrist shot you asked for:

20200519_133445

Let me know if you need any more info mate :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

Cheers mate, much appreciated.  It really is something special in the flesh, a real stunner, and photos just don't do it justice.

In answer to your questions, my wrist is about 7.5", and I needed to take out a couple of links to make it fit, so the full length bracelet would fit around an 8" wrist.  The watch is 46mm excluding crown, and 14mm thick.  It's relatively light for it's size though, because the centre section of the watch head is a carbon composite, which is not immediately obvious until you look closer.

20200519_133445

Similar wrist size :thumbsup:

Watch is similar in size to my SMPO. :thumbsup:

I fancy a Full Metal in Stainless but fear it might just be a bit too chunky for me. (See my post in the Japanese Forum)

Food for thought though!!

Cheers

H.

I can’t believe the prices of these now Dave.. 200+ to 350 in the watch shop !?

don’t they know Father’s Day is over and the shops can drop the prises now :biggrin:
great investment my friend .. :yes:

• Thanks 1

Cheers mate, I've managed to bag quite a few bargains this year, and this one is no exception :thumbsup:  (Note: I can't actually remember how much I paid, but I do know it would have been a lot less than 350 quid :laughing2dw:)

On 19/05/2020 at 17:35, Roger the Dodger said:

Crikey! @Davey P...That didn't take long to arrive...just one day! I've got my sights firmly set on the latest Rangeman and if I go for it, it will be the first watch I've bought for over a year...Casio Rangeman GPR-B1000-1AER. If I get one, I want the all black version, not the one with the revolting olive green strap and yellow accents, which are about £100 cheaper...probably because no one would be seen dead in a pond green strap. At over 60 mm across, I should be able to get away with it with my stupidly large 8"+ wrist 

Mens Casio G-Shock Rangeman Bluetooth GPS Tough Solar Watch GPR-B1000-1ER

Just got to suss out the best price, because I'm deffo not paying £800 for one.

These are currently on the Bay around 5-600 I prefer the mudmaster all black one, bias as that is my watch 

• Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 17:49, Davey P said:

20200519_133445

Pulled the trigger just 10mins ago!!

Delivery due on Tuesday :thumbs_up:

Gonna be a loooooonnnnnnnnngggg weekend.  :watch: :watch:

Bacardi and Coke to help pass the time.......:mad0218:

Edited by Hayballs
Add text

12 hours ago, Hayballs said:

Pulled the trigger just 10mins ago!!

Delivery due on Tuesday :thumbs_up: