• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
bdalg1

New arrival - Xeric mystery watch!!

So my ‘bored in lockdown’ purchase of a Mystery quartz watch from Xeric arrived from the US today

Let’s see what’s inside....after disinfecting of course

90aa629eb2074f7fd715e40f1819f246.jpg

Fairly nice box...promising maybe?? Xeric do some hideous watches so maybe not!!

a2537633988709e35c86f37ef6bfed74.jpg

Nice internal watch box....getting excited now!!

de6304abdb085eb8169c77bee8a04316.jpg

Not so excited anymore.......silly size 46mm and daft printing on the crystal.

So for those who interested it cost $124 plus customs charges so approx £120.

Probably going straight on the bay!!!

Perhaps won’t experiment with mystery watches again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by scottswatches
personal details on show
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Condolences on your loss.

Of £120. :)

If ever "you could have put that towards a decent watch" was appropriate, I think it's now.

• Like 3

I've just deleted the first image, as your address was on show and and we wouldn't want anyone coming round to nick the Xeric would we.  Or maybe...

Totally agree with the size and printing.  42mm and no printing on the sapphire and it would be more interesting

• Haha 3

I've just deleted the first image, as your address was on show and and we wouldn't want anyone coming round to nick the Xeric would we.  Or maybe...

Totally agree with the size and printing.  42mm and no printing on the sapphire and it would be more interesting

Damn my plan to ‘loose’ the Xeric backfired.....thanks though

The dial is interesting and the GMT function is kind of unique but at retail of $500

• Like 1

That's a bummer, but I admire your... er... bravery.... :whistle:

If it was mine, I'd have to get that crystal off and remove the printing, or just replace it with a plain one.  The watch itself looks quite interesting to me, but obviously the printed crystal is hideous.

I don't think anyone can accuse Xeric of making boring watches.  They're certainly a bit different, and I quite like their Halograph range:

xeric-halograph-2-blue-brown__98829.1530

57 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

No need to be polite, you could have finished the sentence, bdalg1 possibly did indeed wish you`d left his address visible in this case!:tongue:

Edited by sabailand
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sabailand said:

No need to be polite, you could have finished the sentence, bdalg1 possibly did indeed wish you`d left his address visible in this case!:tongue:

I think you could leave that out in the street and it would be quite safe. :whistle:

Possibly if you had a spare Rolex box to put it in, someone might nick it first and look inside the box later.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Davey P said:

If it was mine, I'd have to get that crystal off and remove the printing, or just replace it with a plain one.  The watch itself looks quite interesting to me, but obviously the printed crystal is hideous.

I don't think anyone can accuse Xeric of making boring watches.  They're certainly a bit different, and I quite like their Halograph range:

I've had one.  Again, too large for me and the watch wears top heavy, so that and no lugs means it revolves around your wrist.  Better to look at on screen than to buy

Don't beat yourself up over that Xeric watch, dear @bdalg1. I can understand why you went for a Xeric, and perhaps you were unfortunate with that particular model. In the case of your watch, the printed globe and markers on the crystal completely obscures the rather good dial arrangement beneath, and a decent watch is thus ruined. Having looked at a number of Xeric watches, I feel that the firm is always on the verge of producing something both interesting and pleasing, aesthetically, but always just fails to carry it off. At least the fundamental specifications of the watches are sound, though perhaps continuing with large watch sizes is a bit Passé. Xeric is probably a watch producer worth keeping an eye on, in case they suddenly come up with an absolute winner.:)

• Like 2

I think you could leave that out in the street and it would be quite safe. :whistle:
Possibly if you had a spare Rolex box to put it in, someone might nick it first and look inside the box later.

To be fair it is already on £1.98 on the bay after only 15 minutes on there!!! Guess some people have no taste!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I once bought a mystery Swatch from a sale at one of their outlets when I was away on holiday. I was buying one anyway and it was a decent deal, but like your recent arrival mine ended up on the same website shortly after I'd got home.

9 minutes ago, bdalg1 said:

To be fair it is already on £1.98 on the bay after only 15 minutes on there!!! Guess some people have no taste!!!

Keep us posted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard734 said:

Did anyone else see ‘Man from Uncle’ when they looked at the watch for the first time?

Oh Yes!!

5245787c81b1f7cfbbc4902ad8e078e9.jpg

On 20/05/2020 at 16:02, Davey P said:

I'd prefer that if the bottom half of the dial was the same as the top. 

On 20/05/2020 at 16:23, scottswatches said:

Better to look at on screen

I know a woman.

Just had a look at it on eBay price is shooting up you may somehow even make a profit on that :clap:

Didn't realise you was from Nuneaton I'm only from near Atherstone, it's a small world aigh.

Edited by carlgulliver

Just had a look at it on eBay price is shooting up you may somehow even make a profit on that clap.gif.6e3e839e643e7172bf7238b114e57b9c.gif

Didn't realise you was from Nuneaton I'm only from near Atherstone, it's a small world aigh.

I know - May have been a lucky purchase!!! Ha I worked in Atherstone for years - it is indeed a small world!

For those who are interested......213349c2bff5c677119293f9ac7fbaed.jpg

I may still escape without my pants down!

• Like 1

So the auction has ended and I sold the delightful watch for £137 so after PayPal fees (only £1 eBay fees) I reckon I may have just broken even.....phew!!!

Lesson learned......or is it the door bell is going to ring again tomorrow.....

• Like 2