• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
relaxer7

State of the Collection - Lockdown boredom

It’s been a while and whilst I’m sat here in between work calls I thought I’d do a few pics of my watches.

I’m still religiously sticking to 10 in the box... and 1 for the wrist :laugh:

61F6B706-511C-447B-8C44-DE7D8194B8BF.jpeg

4B68B875-2373-4532-894E-8DFBAF35C252.jpeg

EC3F7655-8FEC-4DB9-93AF-7A32C1F0D4C1.jpeg

ACD1D80A-24F2-4430-8AED-48960C73FEBC.jpeg

8085A9BF-7EEA-4527-B561-6740FE488CC3.jpeg

F395241B-A887-4BFF-A044-0AD70293F28D.jpeg

C98AB65E-CDDE-4D5B-8F14-31D5FCE9DA00.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

It’s been a while and whilst I’m sat here in between work calls I thought I’d do a few pics of my watches.

61F6B706-511C-447B-8C44-DE7D8194B8BF.jpeg

That's a cracking collection, some lovely watches in there. :thumbsup:

But i do think you should get another box, just in case, one never knows when the IPS (Impulse Buying syndrome) will strike, so always handy to be prepared. :whistle::laughing2dw: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Impressive collection mate, there are some real statement pieces in there, you've got to be happy with that lot :notworthy:

Difficult to pick a favourite, but I'd probably say the Omega stands out as being near perfect (to me).  Just sheer class, and at the same time quite understated :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous collection..especially the orca and seiko solar .. and ... and :yes:wow 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

But i do think you should get another box, just in case, one never knows when the IPS (Impulse Buying syndrome) will strike, so always handy to be prepared. :whistle::laughing2dw: 

That should have been IBS not IPS, this lockdown is not good for the brain. :ooops::laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

I've been thinking about making a few changes.... Tudor to Pelagos in blue a the Aerospace to new SuperOcean in cobra yellow. I also fancy a Sin U1 but the Orca and Newmark will have to get weighed in to help. 

1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

IBS (Impulse Buying syndrome)

Or BOOB. (Bought out of boredom)

Edited by WRENCH
  • Haha 2

That's a collection specifically designed to make me jealous. Every one a winner in my book. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kanab22 said:

That's a collection specifically designed to make me jealous. Every one a winner in my book. 

No mate, you're wrong, that Citizen Orca is rubbish and should be given to me immediately for safekeeping... :tongue:

• Haha 2

Very nice. I agree with Davey, that generation of Seamaster is a favourite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, relaxer7 said:

8085A9BF-7EEA-4527-B561-6740FE488CC3.jpeg

Initial glance at this pic i thought that Breitling looks odd, then i noticed the other crown was its neighbours! :mad0218:

• Haha 2

Some crackers in there. Hard to choose a favourite, but the 2 you talk of offloading would be included for me :thumbs_up:

If you do decide to change a few I doubt you’ll have trouble selling the orca or the Tudor to fund alternatives.

• Like 1

I am gonna put my Breitling Avenger Skyland back on the market soon , that would look AMAZING in your collection and would complete it perfectly ... :tongue:

Seriously though , fabulous collection. I would wear almost all of them :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

:thumbs_up:, one clear winner for a top pick for me , closly followed by the tudor and the rest aint too shabby :biggrin:

deano

oh my avitar gives the game away:biggrin:

Edited by deano1956
  • Haha 1

@relaxer7  --  Many thanks for taking the trouble to share.

I too like the Seamaster. And, I'm strangely drawn to the Orient, which does OTT really rather nicely.

Of course, in the spirit of forum well-being, were you altruistic enough to pass on the Orca to @Davey P for safekeeping you would succeed in improving both of your collections :tongue:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, yokel said:

Of course, in the spirit of forum well-being, were you altruistic enough to pass on the Orca to @Davey P for safekeeping you would succeed in improving both of your collections :tongue:

I probably should be offended by that statement, but if it meant getting a free Orca I think I could just about live with it... :laugh:

• Haha 1

I haven’t sent it off to Davey quite yet but it might be for sale soon as I work out what needs to be juggled around to get me something new :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

I haven’t sent it off to Davey quite yet but it might be for sale soon as I work out what needs to be juggled around to get me something new :)

But.... my Paypal watch fund is empty now..... :( (Note: It was also empty when I bought my G-Shock, so I had to use "real money" for that one :swoon:)

:laugh:

1 hour ago, carlgulliver said:

Nice collection have to say I love that Breitling!!  Always fancied one just finding the right one at the right money. 

Thanks Carl, the Aerospace is a very good bit of full titanium kit. It’s incredibly light and comfy, has loads of functions and is as accurate as you’ll get. 

Sweet collection... the top left three in the box are the weaker contributors that I would be looking to upgrade, the rest is all on point I think. 

• Like 1

That’s my favourite seamaster, the best one they made and beats any of the current model seamasters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1