• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mart

Postie knocked, with a Sturmanskie

Postie knocked, with a Sturmanskie

My postie uses the doorbell. :toot:

Nice looking watch. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

Postie knocked, with a Sturmanskie.   My postie uses the doorbell. 

:laugh:

Edited by Davey P
link didn't work...
  • Haha 2

Interesting looking watch, how old is it?

what's all the writing about?

Not sure of age.  The writing,  I believe its'

Navigator

First man in space

12th April 1961

Yuri Gagarin

• Thanks 1

That looks a fab old watch!

I bought a modern day Sturmanski that has a Seiko movement within!, Nice pvd watch :thumbsup:

BFhPIbG.jpg iISfu2d.jpg

fV7wgqL.jpg

I also bought the Avi-8 from the same fella, The battery was kaput but fired up immediately with a fresh one!

BOy89kR.jpg vXq0X3Y.jpg

John :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnbaz said:

That looks a fab old watch!

I bought a modern day Sturmanski that has a Seiko movement within!, Nice pvd watch :thumbsup:

BFhPIbG.jpg iISfu2d.jpg

fV7wgqL.jpg

John :)

Voshkod 1 was interesting because it carried a 3-man crew, none of whom wore space-suits, since the capsule was originally designed for a 2-man crew, and there was no room.  Voshkod 2 was the Leonov spacewalk mission, and funnily enough I was just looking back at what I paid for my Sturmanskie homage to the NII electronic watch worn by Belyayev on Voshkod 2  ...

No photo description available.

nii_chasprom.jpg

I am about to flip it if you are interested to complete your 'set'!  (there were only 2 Voshkod missions)  from photos I have seen of Belyayev on training flights, this colour metal is the closest to the original.

Picture 3 of 4

8 hours ago, Mart said:

large.20200521_121623.jpg.90c9186e615947cddd5e1a675eb345bf.jpg

It's taken six weeks to get here from Russia. 

I am waiting patiently for this ...  

s-l1600.jpg

the crown is correct but unrecognizably worn - I have a much much better one on another 15j case - do I swap it?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

do I swap it?

:hmmm9uh:  No!     :nono:

I got my daughter one of these, cost about £25 from Ukraine. I have no illusions about it being genuine or really old, but as an Aerospace Engineering student (that most girly of subjects), a Russian manual wind space watch goes up there with an ageing LR Defender as her car - its like a badge of pride!

she has been running it for about 18m with no problems other than finding a Nato small enough for her wrist and forgetting to wind it daily when she first got it. She loves it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Richard734 said:

I got my daughter one of these, cost about £25 from Ukraine. I have no illusions about it being genuine or really old, but as an Aerospace Engineering student (that most girly of subjects), a Russian manual wind space watch goes up there with an ageing LR Defender as her car - its like a badge of pride!

she has been running it for about 18m with no problems other than finding a Nato small enough for her wrist and forgetting to wind it daily when she first got it. She loves it. 

The Pobeda/Zim movement that powers these watches are about as basic as you'll get, and run for years. :thumbsup:

movement_16.jpg

I wouldn't be without one.

20 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

p.s. Image may contain: 3 people

oh those Soviet raves...

• Like 1

Great thread and what a strange little Sturmanskie that is, dear Mart - I do rather like it.

Thanks also to JohnBaz for showing that black Sturmanskie chronograph with Seiko meca-quartz movement: I've had one of those in plain stainless steel for some time, meaning to look it up, and now I know what it is...

:biggrin:

• Like 1

For anyone interested in Russian Space Watches

http://www.hablemosderelojes.com/forum/showthread.php?73014-Los-relojes-espaciales-de-las-misiones-sovieticas-desde-Vostok-1-(1961-)-hasta-la-actualidad&s=2ea387c439ca8675f1fe5bf33c3662f6

This chap has collated loads of auction pages and provenance photographs.

Nothing else would have persuaded me to buy a 'Civilian' (chrome cased) Sturmanskie!

IMG_20200522_160108991(1).thumb.jpg.b3c2619e2ebe734556fd2650f33a4612.jpg

IMG_20200522_160322158(1).thumb.jpg.1bb0c90ccc1d7c80778acac17ce722e9.jpg

As worn by Zhugderdemidiyn Gurragcha

799536156_ZhugderdemidiynGurragchaCivilian3133.thumb.jpg.9f1b52d9ed023e60e7c32def068dd7d0.jpg

HAGD

Edited by Jet Jetski