• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

Undone Basecamp Cali.

I must admit I like this. 

large.Basecamp_Cali_Green-1-compressed_kindlephoto-9113921.jpg.74f1d47dde6dbd5e36469e0a2044a77d.jpg

Specs 

MATERIALS
Case - 316L Stainless Steel Lens - LEXAN Polycarbonate
MOVEMENT
Seiko Instruments Inc. NH35A Automatic Winding Mechanism
DIMENSIONS
Case Width - 40mm excl. crown Case Thickness - 15mm incl. crystal
WATER RESISTANCE
10 Bar / 100 Meters
Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 4

I like a lot of the undone watches. Is the bezel a little too wide and the dial a little too small? Maybe it's the effect of the plain steel rehaut and seeing it straight on.

13 minutes ago, badgersdad said:

Is the bezel a little too wide and the dial a little too small?

Funnily enough, that's one of the things I like about it. 

• Haha 1

I liked it at first glance, but it doesn't bear closer scrutiny.  It's not the mix of markers (a so-called California dial) that puts me off, it's all the other multiple personalities that they've thrown into the mix with this particular model.  An overall dive watch look and bezel but only 100M water resistance, a mix of sword/Mercedes hand sets and a green colour with perlon strap which is more a field watch style.

I like UNDONE, and others that adopt a similar "build and customise your own watch" concept, but this one looks like a random selection of parts where only the colour scheme is consistent.

1 hour ago, rhaythorne said:

but this one looks like a random selection of parts where only the colour scheme is consistent.

As far as I'm aware you can still customise it to your own taste, so it can be changed. As far as 100m goes, I honestly wonder how many fine watch owners on this forum have gone that deep, the kitchen sink is as deep as I have been. :yes:

I always take off my watch before venturing anywhere near the kitchen sink!  I'm good at heights but struggle in the water.  With the watch, I just think the design with that particular combination of options is haphazard.

Edited by rhaythorne
spelling
  • Like 1

Always liked the look of Undone watches but I think there is import tax on them?  Which puts the price up quite a bit.  I was watching a youtube review of this watch which was very good and the reviewer pointed out a few things which put me off, the crystal, the movement being the main two and he is right, factor in import tax and I think a new Seiko 5 comes in a lot better value.  Shame really as if it were the same price as the new Seiko 5 I would probably buy one.

On 21/05/2020 at 14:18, badgersdad said:

. Is the bezel a little too wide and the dial a little too small?

Like this ? :laughing2dw:

large.DSC04509_copy.jpg.a3bdf5e1d632cfa39f5dec76e727b81c.jpg

I'll get my coat.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Like this ? :laughing2dw:

large.DSC04509_copy.jpg.a3bdf5e1d632cfa39f5dec76e727b81c.jpg

I'll get my coat.

Wouldn't be my choice, though I admit it is a classic.

On 21/05/2020 at 17:27, rhaythorne said:

a mix of sword/Mercedes hand sets

been done before ... 

1945-Vintage-Rolex-Bubbleback-Steel-Rose-Gold-ref-3133-w-BLACK ...

so it must be a great idea!

• Like 1

I like California dials but there is something not right with the minute hand 

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

19 minutes ago, JoT said:

I like California dials but there is something not right with the minute hand 

the minute hand is a bit marmite - there are a few dive watches that put me off with the same expression, but maybe it grows on you ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

the minute hand is a bit marmite - there are a few dive watches that put me off with the same expression, but maybe it grows on you ...

The Minute hand is too fat.

here's another variant with different hands,

undone-basecamp-watch.jpg

On 23/05/2020 at 18:11, Jet Jetski said:

been done before ... 

1945-Vintage-Rolex-Bubbleback-Steel-Rose-Gold-ref-3133-w-BLACK ...

so it must be a great idea!

Touché :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Undone watches can be purchased at time by me the one above can be found for £250 and there is currently a 15% discount

• Like 1

Ordered one on Monday, arrived at lunchtime today. The bezel doesn't look near as wide, and the watch wears small. Nothing to complain about really. The crown looks good, but I personally would have preferred something standard. Finish is good, the bezel is "Vostok" friction style, and it would appear that for the 7 hours it's been on my wrist, someone has taken the time to regulate it, unlike my Seiko with the same movement. 

large.15906040922696468343379776255313.jpg.0b3700cdb10bfb88a6e1ecc9cb6d458a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Ordered one on Monday, arrived at lunchtime today. The bezel doesn't look near as wide, and the watch wears small. Nothing to complain about really. The crown looks good, but I personally would have preferred something standard. Finish is good, the bezel is "Vostok" friction style, and it would appear that for the 7 hours it's been on my wrist, someone has taken the time to regulate it, unlike my Seiko with the same movement. 

large.15906040922696468343379776255313.jpg.0b3700cdb10bfb88a6e1ecc9cb6d458a.jpg

that's brilliant

jelly lol

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Thanks 1