• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Weirdest watch thing you do.

You may know I am fixated with regulating my Harwood before the new strap arrives from Bulgaria - it's a one piece so once it is fitted I won't be bothered to get the back off - anyway, regulating a 90 yr old watch is weird enough - constantly checking it on my wrist, dial up, crown at 3 etc - especially weird since I am currently wearing my 3017 Sekonda Strela, because I like looking at that too, but, erm, I didn't even bother to wind and set it.  I don't want to know the time, I just like to look at it!   

What is your weirdest watch foible?  Nobody will know.

IMG_20200522_194323708(1).thumb.jpg.01f12f530fb886eef59f8afeaba58820.jpg

When I look at it, time seems to stand still ....

Edited by Jet Jetski

2 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

What is your weirdest watch foible?

Wearing "cr@p" watches. :yes:

• Haha 4

Winding my automatic up every morning. I realised that when I retired, I didn't move as much and, of course, I get up later :biggrin: Found that my auto's would stop, so now I wind them up :thumbs_up:

Edited by Benzowner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Freaking out if I discover the bezel has turned, even by just one click. One of many OCD ‘things’ I have, which are for the most part harmless and getting less with techniques I’ve been taught - this one though still really makes me sweat! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

Freaking out if I discover the bezel has turned, even by just one click. One of many OCD ‘things’ I have, which are for the most part harmless and getting less with techniques I’ve been taught - this one though still really makes me sweat! 

A bezel lock will solve that. :thumbsup:

Yema_Superman_Heritage_face_6f8cb7ca-039

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

A bezel lock will solve that. :thumbsup:

It would, but then they have a tendency to fall off and get lost, which would just give me something else to fret over! 

There is some pleasure to be gained from playing with a decent smooth action bezel. 

Edited by DJJazzyJeff
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Being a moderator on a watch forum when I don't really have an interest in watches any more...:sign_wtf:

:laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

to be honest, now the weather is getting better, I am losing interest in my 'cabin hobby', time to start exerting my energies and wallet elsewhere.  ooh errr!

1 minute ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

There is some pleasure to be gained from playing with a decent smooth action bezel.

I've never heard it called a bezel before, but like it, like it!

21 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I want the khaki.  And the black PVD Armee De L'Air

I just don't want superman on the dial.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I just don't want superman on the dial.

Just no pleasing some folks is there ? :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

Your not alone on that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Knowing that I have far too many watches, but still look every day at what I am going to buy next...

Saying to myself 'right that's enough, no more watches' and then go and buy one a couple of days later...

Buying a watch that I've looked at for a while, and before it is delivered buy the other colour it is available in...

Buy a watch I already own just because it is on sale, and I really like the original one.

Can somebody shoot me please!

:biggrin:

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Just no pleasing some folks is there ? :laughing2dw:

36 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

How about Mickey...?

large.20161029_133913.jpg.8989b4b207620269ba36b511eeac5910.jpg

large.005-2_zpsd6ff608b.JPG.82c5ee6dda9cd147bc4b80a8527716a7.JPG

I think Jet Jetski would be a great watch brand, a perfect watch brand.    Launch model would be "Cirrus" .  I can hear the adverts in the Cinema - * rumbling low voice* "Cirrus" , sublime confidence in your wrist, from the house of Jetski.  Model "Autumn Mist" for the lofty connoisseur of life's subtle seconds. "Red Mist", for when you need a knuckleduster ...

3 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I think Jet Jetski would be a great watch brand, a perfect watch brand.    Launch model would be "Cirrus" .  I can hear the adverts in the Cinema - * rumbling low voice* "Cirrus" , sublime confidence in your wrist, from the house of Jetski.  Model "Autumn Mist" for the lofty connoisseur of life's subtle seconds. "Red Mist", for when you need a knuckleduster ...

...and 'Totally pi$$ed' for when you buy from ebay under the influence...:laughing2dw:

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

large.005-2_zpsd6ff608b.JPG.82c5ee6dda9cd147bc4b80a8527716a7.JPG

Someone at work did, eventually, find my comment (after enquiring about their expensive timepiece) that my watch was rather mickey mouse by comparison, hilariously funny.  Any wag thinking 'well that could have been any of Jet's watches' please note I was wearing this :

No photo description available.

4 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

'Totally pi$$ed' for when you buy from ebay under the influence

"Totally miffed" for when you don't get the actual watch in the photos ...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Someone at work did, eventually, find my comment (after enquiring about their expensive timepiece) that my watch was rather mickey mouse by comparison, hilariously funny.  Any wag thinking 'well that could have been any of Jet's watches' please note I was wearing this :

No photo description available.

"Totally miffed" for when you don't get the actual watch in the photos ...

My PMSL reaction in the post above was for the comment, not the watch, which I quite admire. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

My PMSL reaction in the post above was for the comment, not the watch, which I quite admire. Thank you.

Can you see the speck between Mickey's eyes?  I had a totally clean dial but broken one of these that I wanted the case from - see this one is worn - and I sold it on with a new movement and the crap case, but with the better dial, because somehow this is still 'my' watch - even though I changed the case and the movement (and the crystal after I broke the old one putting the stupid back on, even with a proper press!).

Now I'm thinking why didn't I just sell my watch and keep the other one but fit a new movement and crystal for myself - weird .... because I just wanted to fix MY watch, not replace it :laughing2dw:

Can you see the speck between Mickey's eyes?  I had a totally clean dial but broken one of these that I wanted the case from - see this one is worn - and I sold it on with a new movement and the crap case, but with the better dial, because somehow this is still 'my' watch - even though I changed the case and the movement (and the crystal after I broke the old one putting the stupid back on, even with a proper press!).

Now I'm thinking why didn't I just sell my watch and keep the other one but fit a new movement and crystal for myself - weird .... because I just wanted to fix MY watch, not replace it :laughing2dw:

I think it's time you went to bed now chap...see you tomorrow...:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Well my wierd things are probably completely rational to other Watch folk but from the outside world slightly insane. 

I have 4 main watches...1 for each week in the month.....which MUST be worn for a week each month so i feel they are being used properly.....even to the point where my daily beater gets put on for work, then taken off and exchanged for the Watch who’s turn it is that week. 

...I suppose it’s a Good thing because it means I have a 1 in 1 out policy for my collection....but that’s getting increasingly difficult since I couldn’t part with any of my 4 watches now.....which really only leaves me with the choice of increasing to 12 watches and wear one per month......

...yeh I’m wierd...I need help

Edited by WickerBill
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

Well my wierd things are probably completely rational to other Watch folk but from the outside world slightly insane. 

I have 4 main watches...1 for each week in the month.....which MUST be worn for a week each month so i feel they are being used properly.....even to the point where my daily beater gets put on for work, then taken off and exchanged for the Watch who’s turn it is that week. 

...I suppose it’s a Good thing because it means I have a 1 in 1 out policy for my collection....but that’s getting increasingly difficult since I couldn’t part with any of my 4 watches now.....which really only leaves me with the choice of increasing to 12 watches and wear one per month......

Even with over 100 watches I'm starting to feel quite 'normal' :laugh:, thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

11 minutes ago, John_D said:

Even with over 100 watches I'm starting to feel quite 'normal' :laugh:, thank you.

I think you're both beyond help. I might have to ask @mach 0.0013137, our resident psychiatric nurse to pop round with his team of 'special' friends, all of whom are conversant with the fitting of a designer jacket with brass buckles and sleeves that fasten at the back...

....hold on a minute...doesn't Mach wear two watches at a time? ...and not just on his wrists.......................as you were, chaps....:laughing2dw:

Mach...Ankles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chaps? Talking of which...it’s 2020..wax your legs and wear some assless ones :-p

Edited by WickerBill
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Mach...Ankles.

Are the watches Accurist's? ... Oh, on closer inspection I see that they are actually Accuankle's.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John_D said:

My limit is 50, except I thought I had 51 or 52, so I started selling, and after 13 watches I am down to, erm, 51.  Or 52 ...

• Haha 1

My limit is 50, except I thought I had 51 or 52, so I started selling, and after 13 watches I am down to, erm, 51.  Or 52 ...

I haven't dared to count mine .....:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1