• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RoddyJB

WRUW - Saturday 23nd May 2020 - Capt Willard!

29 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

With all the wind & rain we`re having round here it`s definitely a day to stay inside.

If you were going out, this is a day for your heavyweights, stop you getting blown off your feet. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, marley said:

This one for me today...still wet and as windy as hell here!.

I "treated" myself to this in January for my 60th Birthday....I was going to wait until I retire....next moonth...but I couldnt wait! 

20200102-150909.jpg

That's word ...   Can't touch this!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Converted Casio GW-9400 Rangeman today...

Casio GW-9400 Rangeman.

I absolutely love this watch ^ Nice one Roger   :notworthy:

It's going to be the mighty G-Shock again for me today, and for the rest of the weekend:

20200519_150016

By Monday I will have well and truly bonded with this one, so I can probably wear something else next week :laugh:

Edited by Davey P
spelling mistake
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

If you were going out, this is a day for your heavyweights, stop you getting blown off your feet. :thumbsup:

Well, it is the day the council empty the bins so I swapped over to these to help me keep my feet on the ground before bringing them in...

PARNIS MM, Seagull cal.3600 17 Jewels 

Parnis-MM-3.gif.422674691774a04eb041cb768a7e9bd0.gif

&

вмф CCCP 700M (Vodolaz Anchor-1, full lume dial), Vostok cal.2409 17 jewels

Vostok-BMF-1.gif.a43abcb401206d0837df03d8cf6a75b9.gif

character0261.gif.57acf16aaa92efcbac0aa83816974f51.gif

:laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Apart from the wind it’s not a bad day here so should get some outdoor garden time this afternoon.

:)

G-Shock today 

49925911901_7c2748c5dc_b.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

did it come with a big instruction book?

Bulova have a sub-second 262kHz now!

Yes .. I have passed it to my six year old son to sort.. once sussed he’ll explain it to me lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

That looks great from the front but really uncomfortable to wear. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I would save you from the forest of wrist hair and show you the dust on my Thinkpad instead. :biggrin:

Allaine black shield with Felsa 465N.

Allaine Felsa 465n

Thank you. Agreed that perhaps it's not the world's best design for comfort (or elegance) but I can just about live with it for its one day a year outing.

Regards. 

• Like 4

Over to a slightly more sophisticated pair now...

TISSOT T-SPORT PRS-516, T91.1.483.31 ETA cal.2836-2 25 Jewels  & RETROGRADE T91.1.488.41, ETA cal.G51.261 6 Jewels.

1488955620_TISSOTT-SportPRS-516T91.1_483.31ETAcal.2836-225JewelsPRS-516RETROGRADET91.1_488.41ETAcal_G51.2616Jewels(A).gif.6c8a06bec4b5d1f64e254db0adccaa40.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

That's word ...   Can't touch this!

Love the watch, wish it were mine, though I don't think the strap does it justice :hmmm9uh:.....

Bought this watch about 6 years ago when I was starting to randomly collect watches. Shortly afterwards I got sucked into early Seiko analogue quartz watches and it got put in a box with other 'less interesting' watches and forgotten about....'Rediscovered' today and now have more love for it...

It is a Citizen 62-7038 Parawater from May 1970, and has the original bracelet...

8juPil8.jpg

• Like 6

A quick change to my last pair until midnight...

SEIKO 5 SPORTS SNZF45K1, cal. 7S36C, 23 Jewels & SRP489K1,cal.4R36A 24 Jewels

841572234_SEIKO5SPORTSSNZF45K1cal.7S36C23JewelsSRP489K1cal.4R36A24Jewels.thumb.gif.5421ba6839ae24a2a0a949809f0bef28.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John_D said:

Love the watch, wish it were mine, though I don't think the strap does it justice :hmmm9uh:.....

Bought this watch about 6 years ago when I was starting to randomly collect watches. Shortly afterwards I got sucked into early Seiko analogue quartz watches and it got put in a box with other 'less interesting' watches and forgotten about....'Rediscovered' today and now have more love for it...

It is a Citizen 62-7038 Parawater from May 1970, and has the original bracelet...

8juPil8.jpg

Slippery slope alert. :) I bought a Citizen Crystal Seven Parawater automatic, followed by a hand-wind with an 0201 movement, then a Homer Phynox also 0201 and now got a Crystron quartz 50-8276 on the way. Plus two Eco Drives, which somehow don't really count.

Nice find to have left in the "uninteresting" box. :biggrin:

Edited by spinynorman
  • Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 12:05, Davey P said:

I absolutely love this watch ^ Nice one Roger   :notworthy:

It's going to be the mighty G-Shock again for me today, and for the rest of the weekend:

20200519_150016

By Monday I will have well and truly bonded with this one, so I can probably wear something else next week :laugh:

Which G-Shock is that Dave - like it a lot :thumbs_up:

57 minutes ago, pauluspaolo said:

Which G-Shock is that Dave - like it a lot :thumbs_up:

Model number is GST-B200D-1AER mate.  I can confirm, the photos don't do it justice, and in real life it looks even better... :tongue:  Also available with a resin strap instead of the bracelet, which looks great as well.

I'm wearing it yet again today, and I'm not even going to post a pic in the WRUW thread, it's getting a bit predictable now :laugh: