• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Noticed the other day that in a certain light and at the right angle, there appears to be a darker, blacker smudge like mark on my watch dial. It's quite hard to get a picture of it, but it's between 8-9 and extends out to the second subdial. You can just make it out on my picture. To me it looks like someone may have touched the dial at some point and it's left a finger mark. 

Most of the time you can't even see it, but when I catch it at the right angle, it really bugs me. Do you think this is something a decent watch repairer can clean up or am I being overly critical at this point?

100745825_10158434923599532_224155737324

3 minutes ago, chris r said:

Noticed the other day that in a certain light and at the right angle, there appears to be a darker, blacker smudge like mark on my watch dial. It's quite hard to get a picture of it, but it's between 8-9 and extends out to the second subdial. You can just make it out on my picture. To me it looks like someone may have touched the dial at some point and it's left a finger mark. 

Most of the time you can't even see it, but when I catch it at the right angle, it really bugs me. Do you think this is something a decent watch repairer can clean up or am I being overly critical at this point?

100745825_10158434923599532_224155737324

I'm pretty forgiving of blemishes, but I think that would annoy me. No idea what could be done about it though. I hope you can get it sorted, it's a really good looking watch.

Fortis aren`t cheap watches so i`d certainly be a bit peeved, im a bit OCD about stuff like this and not just with watches.All you can do is ask a watch repairer if anything can be done which costs nothing, if he says yes then its up to you.

No, bought it used. As I said, it's really hard to get a decent picture of it, so it didn't show up on the advert pictures, I guess I could return it as I've only had it a couple of weeks. I'll see how much it costs to clean it.

Just now, chris r said:

No, bought it used. As I said, it's really hard to get a decent picture of it, so it didn't show up on the advert pictures, I guess I could return it as I've only had it a couple of weeks. I'll see how much it costs to clean it.

The only problem with getting it cleaned is actually finding someone working at the moment. 

A sticky or oily finger when being service perhaps, it would bother me

1 minute ago, JoT said:

A sticky or oily finger when being service perhaps, it would bother me

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it's getting on my nerves. I've written to the seller & to the UK Fortis service centre who I know are working at the moment.

• Like 1