• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Where are they now?

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Thanks, Zen...I must admit I'd forgotten about that one. I might have got it from another PW fan in Canada, @James, I think...he hasn't posted in ages...he was very ill and I fear the worst ...:( It was James that sold me my first PW, the Waltham full hunter that Steve (@AVO) has now.

large_005.jpg.e7385f58a1096c3c965216c7d5429a47.jpg

I must have been nuts selling that boxed Hamilton, but obviously something else was calling...maybe the Rolex GMT or the SMP. Once I left the Freemasons, my interest in PWs declined dramatically, though I still have my rare Masonic Elgin PW in a 'green gold' case.....this has Masonic symbols instead of numbers...and still for sale...PM if interested.

large.watchpix008.jpg.289ea58bfb9fb10eaba18bb81eed6cfb.jpglarge.Watchpics051_zpsav9zsue9.jpg.78b8511a7fb2270a6d5af9664406d09e.jpg

I have had the pocket watch for years now and to be honest, I have had a few pocket watches since but that one is going nowhere, that and a key wind one that I have still get used from time to time.  I am very sorry to hear about the original owner though.

Yes I do remember when you were selling off some of your stuff from your Masonic times I also bought a sterling silver fob from you too.

7 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Maybe seems a bit strange, but when I get rid of something, I delete the pics, otherwise I'm likely to regret moving them on at a later date.

I used to delete all pics of past watches, as, like you I felt that once it was gone, it was gone. However, just before Photobucket went off the rails, I downloaded all my albums and stored them in folders on my PC. A few years ago, while idly looking through them, I found a lot of forgotten pics, some of which were of watches long gone. I decided to keep at least one pic of departed watches as a reminder for the future, and uploaded the appropriate ones to my gallery here. Sadly, the boxed Hamilton PW pictured above is one of the very few that I don't have any pics of now, along with a couple of others, namely a Seiko 'Landshark' and a Seiko 'Bellmatic'.

I am sad enough to keep a spreadsheet of all of the watches I've owned since I started on this madness in Feb 2013. 

183!!

Gone and missed are these:

Breitling SuperOcean. Owned it twice, in fact. 

B9t0VbZ.jpg

Little Bulova Accutron

lMH2K5P.jpg

Blue-dialled Stargate

ggaqyFu.jpg

Speedsonic

qYdnIfZ.jpg

Polar Explorer II

lAzXYI7.jpg

X-33 gen 1

JoG5Uoh.jpg

Orsa Sea Angler

wInOVEq.jpg

The one I miss most? Bizarrely this Kronos Diver. 

61z97sX.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Referring back to the post about my downloaded Photobucket pics, I found a couple more from the days gone by. One is a better pic of the 1st generation Seiko Orange monster...

Seiko Orange Monster SKX781

...and a pic of my Bulova Accutron 'Deep Sea'. I obtained this watch from Dave (@martinus_scriblerus), one of our US friends, while it was in the UK being serviced by @Silver Hawk.

Mach @mach 0.0013137  would often say the 666 on the dial made it the Devils watch! :laughing2dw:

Bulova Accutron 'Deep Sea'.

Finally, my Seiko SKX 009. I bought this new in 2009, the year I started here. In this pic, I had changed the oyster bracelet for a shark mesh, but it went back on the oyster when I sold it. That shark mesh is now on my Apeks.

Seiko SKX009

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...