• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Searching through my gallery pics for today's WRUW thread made me aware of just how many watches I've had and moved on over the years...some went quite quickly and some I regret moving on. I thought a thread showing gratuitous pics of watches long gone might be interesting, so if you still have pics of past timepieces, post them here, perhaps with your thoughts on them. These were some of mine...

The first was a Casio G-Shock. I bought this version to replace an older one that had served me for 14 years, but it just never felt the same. This one went to @Davey P many years ago.

Casio

Two Majestyks...This is a pair I wish I'd never moved on now, but at the time wanted something else. The blue ones were harder to find than the red. They were very distinctive with their lobster tail bracelets.

Majestyks.

My very first pocket watch. I had several over the years...this one went to Steve (@AVO)

PW, Waltham Full Hunter dial.

RLT 25. This one went, again to fund another watch.

RLT 25

Orange Seiko Sawtooth. I already had the blue version which I love, but I never really bonded with this one, and off it went.

Seiko 'Sawtooth'.

All three of these Sea Urchins went off to new homes, the blue one returning to Rob (@mcb2007), and the black one was converted to a green bezel and sold like that.

Seiko 'Sea Urchin' trio

Seiko Sea Urchin Green.

Several rarer Seiko 7T32s were purchased, but eventually moved on because I never wore them, and felt someone else should get pleasure from them.

Seiko 'The Great Blue'

Seiko 7T32-6J79

Seiko 7T32

I had wanted one of these SS Baby Tunas for ages, but when I eventually got one, hated the big arrow hour hand and flipped it within a day of it arriving. Seiko seemed to put this hand set on a lot of their ProSpex models.

Seiko Baby Tuna.

Finally, this Seiko Samurai 'Blue Lagoon' LE also got flipped pretty quickly as not only because of the hands, but I found the whole watch disappointingly underwhelming after all the hype when they first came out.

Seiko Samurai 'Blue Lagoon' Limited Editon.

There are plenty more that I don't have pics of anymore...these days I do try to keep at least one pic of a watch that's passed through. Hopefully some of you will have some pics of past watches to show.

• Like 9

I haven't kept many images of lost loves, but I did find these all of which I would have back in a heartbeat (along with a few on here which regularly appear!) Looking at the images I feel a bit melancholy now, thanks @Roger the Dodger just don't post a picture of the GMT-Master II :laugh:

Omega Speedmaster MkII with racing dial

large.omega_speedmaster_mk2_wrist_03.jpg.349ef549291ca55e6ce2452e0daf4e36.jpg

Ollech & Wajs Mirage III

large.718171012_IMG-20110715-00067s-Copy.jpg.127bc4210854e85bf9560bc896ca1a00.jpg

Omega Seamaster GMT 2534.50.00

large.omega_seamaster_GMT_01.jpg.9adba4140907c732e20e11692bc88b07.jpg

and finally

A Watchco assembled Omega Seamaster 300 which I had serviced by STS - it was immaculate

large.1987566700_DSC08019s-Copy.jpg.d9e062d8daa3b6b493f0891b47ebcf18.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

This one went to @Davey P many years ago.

Casio

I do try to keep at least one pic of a watch that's passed through. Hopefully some of you will have some pics of past watches to show.

I was getting ready to say I think you're mistaken, and I never had that one from you.  Then I looked through my old photos, and guess what turned up...:

DSCF0285

:laugh:

Like @Roger the Dodger I've owned and flipped a massive amount of watches, usually just to shake up the collection a bit (and sometimes selling a few just to fund something new that I want).

I don't have many regrets, and not many of mine have any sentimental value, but I do look at pics of past watches I've sold and think I must have been mad to let some of them go.  I've picked out a few here, starting with the mighty Bulova "Davey Pee" which looked awesome in the flesh:

20170407_103319

Another Bulova, this time the mighty Sea King, which again looked stunning:

20170504_082529

And finally, this stunning Seiko Perpetual Calendar, which I only sold because it rarely got worn:

DSCF1102

Interesting thread mate :thumbsup:

• Like 6

In my years of collecting, I’ve only ever moved this one on, and reluctantly at that. It went to a German collector and author on another Forum who really wanted a Kienzle Volksautomatik , especially one which had been destined for the export market.

He had approached me after seeing that I had two similar examples and as I had no idea what a fair price would be, I left that to him. However, I felt that his subsequent offer was uncomfortably high so I reduced it and the watch went off to its new home in the land of its birth.

As an aside, and entirely unsolicited, the new owner arranged for me to receive copies of a couple of his translated published works, one being watch-related and an informative read. I thought that was really rather generous of him.

Regards.

Kienzle 34.5mm auto v.2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

good idea :yes:. I like to think of all theses below as my education watches into "the world of watches" as I progressed through the ranks finding first my feet & making a few mistakes !then my taste and subsequently the sense of wonderment & sheer enjoyment of owning  , not forgetting depriving the kids of their inheritance along the way :laugh:

deano

ps sorry for rubbish images my photo skills have not improved.

WquBSlD.jpg

b8vYD7v.jpg

opps I still have this and it still runs and keeps time

o1EOiTy.jpg

lJj5aPD.jpg

S6dO7yK.jpg?1

VbwIz7W.jpg

NNp9Hwc.jpg

1eFqKfD.jpg

first Cartier p/x for a datejust & replaced with a tank later

sGR5KS5.jpg

first GS later replaced by a spring drive

Nfvn8uA.jpg

which is were we are about now 12 watches , with one more to come when lock down ends

as today , wearing the tankl

LDxMqwj.jpg

deanp

• Like 4

You've made me think ,Rog, how many have slipped through my hands most sold on here and very few still seen .
dc8f17c43de348135b8ad2cc3e6e4dd9.jpg
One I should have hung on to .

ed641cc07707e13ef1ddf16e148fd7a2.jpg1d8f9c3656848938f5b222892ad5bf91.jpgda75958e4f6dbe6aaeec4734f55e1f53.jpgd3de7fd5a7c3f81364d8bfe54618bfc9.jpg1e1429cf99aabd11d5422531b329d626.jpge33a7eac44514df2147fdcd6fe139418.jpg

There are a few more but it's too heart breaking to search lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just a small selection of past timepieces.

Zenith El primero dress watch from the 1990s.  Fell in and out of love with this and needed cash for home improvements. 

Breitling Navitimer. Really wish I'd kept this but I had spent quite a lot on watches and this wasn't getting wrist time. 

Rolex submariner.  Bought this cheap and had it serviced at Rolex.  Wore it quite a lot but fell as another victim to home improvements. 

large.IMAG0441_1_zps98ev1rwf.jpg.8590f6ee6f3380e39323ddeb4d135b79.jpglarge.IMAG0789.jpg.92843e52a0d7f14f3f1c08b50fd3e316.jpglarge.IMAG0552_zps7ds8ombi.jpg.9c28fd0f201569257581cb751fa4f5e1.jpg 

Breitling Superocean A17360. Really loved this but eventually it had to go to part fund the Daytona. IMG_20190620_092941.thumb.jpg.9afe9c2b278f38569f2dd17b3353e10e.jpg

• Like 5

No regrets at the passing of any of these.

Seiko 7t62. Silver hands on white dial. Useless for telling the time and zero charisma.

IMG_7114_s

Alpha, blue lookalike with loose bezel.

IMG_7207s

Pulsar y182 titanium, cheap and nasty.

Pulsar Y182-6c50

Lorus, paid £12 and lost money when I sold it.

2019-06-24_11-35-33

Pulsar 7t62 - actually I did have a soft spot for this, but the crystal was scratched to death.

2019-06-28_10-23-05

Invicta S1 Rally, looked nice but flaky.

2019-10-12_11-50-39

Steinhart model 1, nice homage but too heavy.

IMG_7051s

Orient Mako ll, just fell out of love with it. 

IMG_7037s

De Tomaso Genova. Put down to experience.

IMG_7016_1

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Searching through my gallery pics for today's WRUW thread made me aware of just how many watches I've had and moved on over the years...some went quite quickly and some I regret moving on. I thought a thread showing gratuitous pics of watches long gone might be interesting, so if you still have pics of past timepieces, post them here, perhaps with your thoughts on them. These were some of mine...

The first was a Casio G-Shock. I bought this version to replace an older one that had served me for 14 years, but it just never felt the same. This one went to @Davey P many years ago.

Casio

Two Majestyks...This is a pair I wish I'd never moved on now, but at the time wanted something else. The blue ones were harder to find than the red. They were very distinctive with their lobster tail bracelets.

Majestyks.

My very first pocket watch. I had several over the years...this one went to Steve (@AVO)

RLT 25

Orange Seiko Sawtooth. I already had the blue version which I love, but I never really bonded with this one, and off it went.

Seiko 'Sawtooth'.

All three of these Sea Urchins went off to new homes, the blue one returning to Rob (@mcb2007), and the black one was converted to a green bezel and sold like that.

Seiko 'Sea Urchin' trio

Seiko Sea Urchin Green.

Several rarer Seiko 7T32s were purchased, but eventually moved on because I never wore them, and felt someone else should get pleasure from them.

Seiko 'The Great Blue'

Seiko 7T32-6J79

Seiko 7T32

I had wanted one of these SS Baby Tunas for ages, but when I eventually got one, hated the big arrow hour hand and flipped it within a day of it arriving. Seiko seemed to put this hand set on a lot of their ProSpex models.

Seiko Baby Tuna.

Finally, this Seiko Samurai 'Blue Lagoon' LE also got flipped pretty quickly as not only because of the hands, but I found the whole watch disappointingly underwhelming after all the hype when they first came out.

There are plenty more that I don't have pics of anymore...these days I do try to keep at least one pic of a watch that's passed through. Hopefully some of you will have some pics of past watches to show.

You missed a Hamilton pocket watch with box and papers you sold me many years ago (Still have it)

• Thanks 1

IMG_0024.thumb.jpg.32ead8a2fe0620dda9005f9cafb680a8.jpg

This one’s the only one I can find at the min! Was a lovely watch but case shape always annoyed me. I’ll have to look harder because I definitely flipped a few watches :0

• Like 3

A few that I miss and can just about remember lol 

jJQdCyc.jpg

Ea8Y6tp.jpg

stOpabp.jpg

U6VkIhu.jpg

Edited by Sulie
Additional watch
  • Like 1

I've haven't sold a watch I bought, I might be odd.:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sulie said:

A few that I miss and can just about remember lol 

Ea8Y6tp.jpg

That's one that I had, the fabulous Seiko OM...no collection pic, but one of me wearing mine at work many years ago...and I just remembered who bought it. It was Brendan (@YouCantHaveTooManyWatches), who only lives a mile or so away...large.014-3.jpg.d6eea39cd38dca1c0cd0966ebba1dfbc.jpg

• Like 2

The strap on that OM was a 22m Hirsch pure Caoutchouc rubber item. It cost quite a lot IIRC...around £35. I gave it away to a member on here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

The strap on that OM was a 22m Hirsch pure Caoutchouc rubber item. It cost quite a lot IIRC...around £35. I gave it away to a member on here.

Never heard of that strap .. will look it up and see what’s it like .. might fit my project OM :)

omg just found it .. lovely but 65 pounds now .. extream version 

0wpgJz9.png

Edited by Sulie

11 hours ago, Stan said:

I've haven't sold a watch I bought, I might be odd.:laugh:

BAN HIM!!! :angry:

:rltrlt:

• Haha 3

large_PO.jpg.54734e3b8981338ee9739f5b2a829efd.jpg

large.1852060122_MontBlanc.jpg.3b2b6891ffa6dd3f3b6ae102dc4edd59.jpg

Miss my PO, but after buying a CW C60 Pro, not as much as I thought I would. Bought the little Mont blanc travel clock around 10 years ago and sold as I wasn't using it.. I've searched for them since but they've obviously discontinued it. Was stupid to let it go :mad0218:

• Like 4

Great thread @Roger the Dodger, i must have missed this...

Here are some i regret letting go...

Citizen Crystron 600m diver circa 1977, ended up striaght on Ebay by a former member here, like hens teeth....:bash:

DSC07737.jpg

Sold this pre-Bond within a week...lol, seemed like a good idea at the time :whistling:

imag0416_18412813985_o.jpg

OK the case was over polished, but i regret this one...:baby:

DSC09370.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Great thread @Roger the Dodger, i must have missed this...

Here are some i regret letting go...

Citizen Crystron 600m diver circa 1977, ended up striaght on Ebay by a former member here, like hens teeth....:bash:

DSC07737.jpg

OMG that 77 Citizen... OMG :blind:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@mcb2007 I am still delighted with the Hamilton Valiant you sold me. Put it on a tan leather strap which really pops. Not sure I'll ever sell it.

received-637252083499508.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/05/2020 at 08:22, Roger the Dodger said:

Casio

Majestyks.

RLT 25

Seiko 'Sawtooth'.

Seiko 'Sea Urchin' trio

Seiko Sea Urchin Green.

Seiko 'The Great Blue'

Seiko 7T32-6J79

Seiko 7T32

Seiko Baby Tuna.

Another one that got away from you

d3OKgR4l.jpg

ZueB93gl.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sulie said:

OMG that 77 Citizen... OMG :blind:

I have let many goes over the years that I regret but this is number 1....

• Like 1

I avoid having any regrets. :whistle:

11 minutes ago, ZenArcade said:

Another one that got away from you

d3OKgR4l.jpg

ZueB93gl.jpg

That is lovely. :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZenArcade said:

Another one that got away from you..

Thanks, Zen...I must admit I'd forgotten about that one. I might have got it from another PW fan in Canada, @James, I think...he hasn't posted in ages...he was very ill and I fear the worst ...:( It was James that sold me my first PW, the Waltham full hunter that Steve (@AVO) has now.

large_005.jpg.e7385f58a1096c3c965216c7d5429a47.jpg

I must have been nuts selling that boxed Hamilton, but obviously something else was calling...maybe the Rolex GMT or the SMP. Once I left the Freemasons, my interest in PWs declined dramatically, though I still have my rare Masonic Elgin PW in a 'green gold' case.....this has Masonic symbols instead of numbers...and still for sale...PM if interested.

large.watchpix008.jpg.289ea58bfb9fb10eaba18bb81eed6cfb.jpglarge.Watchpics051_zpsav9zsue9.jpg.78b8511a7fb2270a6d5af9664406d09e.jpg

On 24/05/2020 at 08:22, Roger the Dodger said:

Hopefully some of you will have some pics of past watches to show.

Maybe seems a bit strange, but when I get rid of something, I delete the pics, otherwise I'm likely to regret moving them on at a later date.