• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
jaoliver

Adjustment advice for an Acctim clock

I've had this clock below for a while but recently put a battery in & it's always gaining time. Over the last week it's gained about 15/16 minutes.

Inside the back is there is a scale that reads: 1 SCALE 5 SEC. Above this there's - & + symbols, so I'm guessing I need to turn it clock wise a bit but unsure how much or if that's even the right thing I should be doing.

Any advise/help would be appreciated. It'd be nice to get this working closer to the correct time.

clock-1.jpg

clock-2.jpg

clock-3.jpg

Sorry, I’m not quite grasping the issue here.

If, on your hand-written log, the left hand column is the time shown on the clock, then it’s running slow compared to the “real” time shown in your right hand column and the regulator disk should be turned towards “+”. If it’s the other way round, then turn the disk towards “-“.

Each 5 seconds adjustment on the scale (plus or minus) is per 24 hours.

If you’re certain the clock is running fast, then turn the 5 secs scale sufficiently to the “-“ to have the clock running slow. Then fine tune until you get it bang on, which will probably be trial and error over several days.

If the clock was running on time before the battery change, then perhaps the regulator disk has been inadvertently moved. Failing all that, ask a friendly watchmaker to put in a new quartz movement. They only cost a few pounds and it’s maybe something you can do yourself after watching some online tutorials.

Regards.