• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Cluck

Ladies Vermeil Cartier Tank (Quartz)

Hello Simon

This is my Wife's old Cartier she's had for 30 years. It stopped working some 10 years ago when the local watch guy said it was rusty inside and needed a new movement and and other issues fixed. I've now retired and have the time to stat fixing  my watches and decided to start with this. I've taken the movement out of the case but the face and hands are still on. I've no idea how to release the stem on this and nothing on the internet covers a Cartier 057 movement. Also I've noticed when you pull the stem out nothing happens when you try to turn the hands but when you push it in you can sometimes turn them (Bizzare). Hope you can help me a the start of this project. 

Cheers

Cluck

I'm not Simon but here you go if you see the little button on the edge of the movement releases the stem. Assuming it's still in its red casing ring I would put back into the case (without the screws) and press the button to release the stem so you don't out pressure on the dial or hands

20200526_150624

Thanks Thomasr - It came out with a bit of a pull due to rust and the stem being bent at the end hence the problem moving the hands I think. Also the little cog wheel came out so that's another thing to consider. I'll keep you posted on the forum.

Cheers Cluck

• Like 1