• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Does this rival the Casio MDV106-1A

Jimbola

I came across this Accurist watch in the H Samuel sale

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/5316499/accurist+divers+style+men's+stainless+steel+bracelet+watch/

I couldn't find much else about it but believe it has a screw down crown, 200m water resistance, luminous hands and uni directional bezel. All in it's £72 which seems to put it on par with the Casio. I particularly like it for the green dial and the solid look, although the green will most likely be darker in real like and it may feel hollow.

What do others think?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimbola said:

I came across this Accurist watch in the H Samuel sale

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/5316499/accurist+divers+style+men's+stainless+steel+bracelet+watch/

I couldn't find much else about it but believe it has a screw down crown, 200m water resistance, luminous hands and uni directional bezel. All in it's £72 which seems to put it on par with the Casio. I particularly like it for the green dial and the solid look, although the green will most likely be darker in real like and it may feel hollow.

What do others think?

Looks OK if a bit dull, maybe the green looks better on the wrist. Always put off having a quartz dive watch as costs extra pennies getting it pressure sealed when you come to battery change time. For the money it is pretty decent, personally I would go for something a bit more interesting like a Vostock Amphibia

• Like 1

So the watch came today at it was pretty much as expected, nice solid design, screw down crown, uni-rotating bezel with firm but easy click with the markers being engraved, the green is actually more vibrant that in the store photos and very playful with the light. The hour marker lume is good but the lume on the hands is excellent. The watch has a real heft to it that makes the bracelet feel light but it's not. The crown is signed as is the clasp. Standard japanese movement. the only down side is that it is 46mm incl crown and does wear like 46mm so ideal for large wrists only. I'm going to switch the strap out for a very dark red or brown to make it work for met. For £72 it's an awesome deal though.

accurist.jpg

• Like 3