• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The delivery driver knocked.....

A friendly DPD delivery man has just been to see me and this is what he left
59cf82fb93cda47c39fc944756ed390a.jpg

da1fb6c67633ec81a4b1c4bc68830d3d.jpg
e2a4811918da3e71f989738f49568660.jpg
3889dda3eaee723324510db9b0842fc3.jpg

I was a little nervous about ordering as I haven’t had a Chris w before and this model seemed to generate lots of interesting comments.....however.....

It is gorgeous.....it feels heavy and well made, the 40mm is a perfect size, the dial is beautiful - all in all I am super pleased. It compares very well in quality to my 36mm OP. In short I am very happy that I took the plunge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friendly DPD delivery man has just been to see me and this is what he left     I was a little nervous about ordering as I haven’t had a Chris w before and this model seemed to generate lots of

Just in  

I can't wait for the postie to knock next week, I have a Panther mil style auto en route!!   I think it will be going on one of Roy's Bund straps when it arrives!!  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, bdalg1 said:

A friendly DPD delivery man has just been to see me and this is what he left

59cf82fb93cda47c39fc944756ed390a.jpg

da1fb6c67633ec81a4b1c4bc68830d3d.jpg

e2a4811918da3e71f989738f49568660.jpg

3889dda3eaee723324510db9b0842fc3.jpg

I was a little nervous about ordering as I haven’t had a Chris w before and this model seemed to generate lots of decisive comments.....however.....

It is gorgeous.....it feels heavy and well made, the 40mm is a perfect size, the dial is beautiful - all in all I am super pleased. It compares very well in quality to my 36mm OP. In short I am very happy that I took the plunge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your new piece!

I've always loved C.Ward, only negative for me is the big brand name across it (I'd prefer just the logo in the usual place IMHO), but thats their style so it stands out.

How thin is it? Looks a lovely piece. Gotta love that trident!

Edited by ZeroAlpha
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Very nice... My only lingering niggle is that for me, I'm just not sure how much I like the translucent dial. :)

My thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Very nice... My only lingering niggle is that for me, I'm just not sure how much I like the translucent dial. :)

Its appeal is that Its different i suppose, and i agree with a poster above who said it would look good on the blue rubber!

• Like 1

Very nice watch.  I do like CW watches, but as already mentioned, I don't like the full Christopher Ward name on the face.  Very cool if your name is Christopher Ward.

If I ever go down the CW route, it will have to be on with just the CW logo and not the full name.

Again, cracking watch.

CW create some great pieces, and I would really like one, my main issue is size they are all small at 42mm and below,  some of the earlier ones are 43mm but they are just too small for my wrist, if I could get away with a smaller wrist I would collect, I see the issue with the brand name but they are proud to be British and it’s a taste thing, earlier models have a smaller logo which are still popular. I like the brand but just small 

It's a great looking watch and if the CW forum members were a little more imaginative, we could have had something similar for a forum LE issue, but they're a little bit staid over there - lol!

But I have just come from over there and there's a concern about the advertising of this watch on their website. Where it states it has a blue sapphire, but it's not, it's a clear sapphire with a blue filter. Nothing wrong with that, but they need to fix their description. 

Enjoy your watch, I like it very much bar the word mark, but that's just a personal thing.

Edited by Caller.
22 minutes ago, Caller. said:

there's a concern about the advertising of this watch on their website. Where it states it has a blue sapphire, but it's not, it's a clear sapphire with a blue filter. Nothing wrong with that, but they need to fix their description. 

Hi Phil

Personally I think it’s totally wrong to misguide people that the sapphire crystal is ‘blue’ when it as actually clear, with a coloured plastic disc behind!

Another example of Mike France’s artistic license I expect?

I also agree about the word mark, as does Mr Christopher Ward!! :yes:

Still love my examples.

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Karrusel said:

Hi Phil

Personally I think it’s totally wrong to misguide people that the sapphire crystal is ‘blue’ when it as actually clear, with a coloured plastic disc behind!

Another example of Mike France’s artistic license I expect?

I also agree about the word mark, as does Mr Christopher Ward!! :yes:

Still love my examples.

I think you chose well Alan! 

I'm not sure if CW do these things deliberately - and you will notice I used the word 'filter'! But I think it's fair to say that whilst it's not a common problem, it's a recurring one. In fairness, they generally correct it. I remember on one previous example, there were hints that if it wasn't corrected, trading standards would be informed. 

Hmm, I am guessing you're not a fan of MF? It was interesting how over the last few years he became the dominant partner. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Caller. said:

Hmm, I am guessing you're not a fan of MF? It was interesting how over the last few years he became the dominant partner. 

You guess correctly, Phil.

Having been round the block a few times in this industry (& others) it’s quite apparent you are looking through a pint glass...empty one. :)

Chris on the other hand ?

9 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Chris on the other hand ?

He appeared universally popular. I get updates from Co. Hse about the new project. Curious to see what will emerge. 

3 minutes ago, Caller. said:

I get updates from Co. Hse about the new project. 

Me too :whistle:

Chris is a passionate horophile, ever since purchasing his first Liverpool watch (pocket) out of his first pay packet.

Do you remember the CW Russell ?

:biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Do you remember the CW Russell ?

Before I joined the forum. I joined when the 2nd logo was already in use and was dividing opinion - lol!

But it took me a nano-second to identify the link to Thomas Russell and the connection to the watch, which I assume is a sort of personal homage? All from a post by Kip in 2008. That is well before I had even heard of CW.

Edit - just reading further led me to the discovery that Christopher Ward (the man) donated his Russell pocket watch to Liverpool Museum (where he hails from). That's a very decent thing to do.

Edited by Caller.
18 minutes ago, Caller. said:

Edit - just reading further led me to the discovery that Christopher Ward (the man) donated his Russell pocket watch to Liverpool Museum (where he hails from). That's a very decent thing to do.

They have also added the ‘CW Russell’ to the Museum exhibition.

Confident there will be more to come from Chris, once this addiction/passion is in you it’s impossible very difficult to shake off.

:biggrin:

Edited by Karrusel
  • Like 1