• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Justlearning

Ello

Hi,

New to the forum. I got into (VERY) amateur watchmaking because I buggered up the keyless works on an ETA2824-2 and my local watchmakers were off work because of the lockdown, so I thought hey, why not give it a go.. What's the worst that can happen... Anyway, it turned out I'd dislodged the stop lever. I realised that after replacing 2/3rds of the keyless works with new parts :D But such is the learning curve. I found it really relaxing, and at the same time I got addicted to long relaxing servicing videos on youtube.

So after spending a few hundred quid on tools and getting a couple of old ebay specials under my belt I'm quite enjoying it!

Cheers!

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Keep up the good work with the watch tinkering! Plenty of hints and tips in the watchmaking section! :thumbsup: