• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Darren 66

New Member and Fan

Hi I am a new member and fan of the site.

I'm interested in watches and have been for years since I had my Timex as a kid, I feel naked without a watch on and have a small collection to chose from each day - i could go just about 2 weeks not wearing the same watch.

Nothing I own is high end, the most expensive being £500 approx and the most recent £385 from watchshop who price matched a £479 Citizen Promaster.

My preference is Divers style as I have fat wrists and bad eyes and these suit my style, I enjoy the technology modern equipment can offer and have a couple of radio controlled and solar powered watches from Citizen and Casio, G-Shock are amongst my absolute faves and I have 4 of them in total (so far.....) I'm not keen on digital, its ok if its part of an analog display but I have seen a G-Shock that digital that I may purchase at the right price!

Everything I have is either Solar or Quatz and I'm trying to rectify that with maybe an Invicta divers Automatic when it drops sub £100 just for a very cheap Rolex homage.

I've just brought a reasonably cheap repair kit and replaced a battery in my Casio EF-200 which hasn't worked for probably 17 yrs, its ticking away nicely but now I need to find out where I can buy the bracelet ends as one was lost when it broke climbing in wales, which is why I purchased my first G-Shock all those years ago.

If I had the money probably an Oris or Omega would be my first choice, if I had real money then Richard Mille would be o the list along with a Patek or two, Rolex don't really do it for me after an argument with the MIL, I will elaborate in another post.

I'll pop along to the relevant sections to post up some questions and when I can figure out how to post a pic (I did manage to get one up but can't seem to repeat the process again) I'll put my collection out for a laugh or two.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll learn a thing or two whilst here.....

Aye welcome in, check out Parnis for a well made sub-£100 homage.  I can also recommend you put Orient on your radar.

Now I have sown the seeds....:naughty:

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Plenty here for you to look at...the daily what are you wearing (WRUW) threads will introduce you to more lovely timepieces! :thumbsup:

Been trying for a few days to figure out how to post pictures but seem to have stumbled across the method now, so I will post up my small collection below, its nothing special and its been a long time since my last purchase and the one before that.

49985387447_6a79ba9448_m.jpg

The last was the Citizen Diver Promaster which was 3 months ago, just before the pandemic stuff and before that was the Orange strapped G-Shock in the middle of the case which was about 5 years ago when I received a bonus from work (only time ever!)

My next purchase may be soon, an Invicta automatic sub £100 when the price drops again on Amazon or maybe a Nite watch which have held my fascination for a few years now. 

you need to try again, my jealous eyes can't see them

On 08/06/2020 at 20:34, Biker said:

you need to try again, my jealous eyes can't see them

Nothing to be jealous of really, 4 G-Shocks which I love,  a couple of other Casio's an old Edifice and a Duro, a Sekonda the kids brought me for a birthday and a couple of Fossils which need repair and then there are my Citizens the Carbon is around 14 yrs old which is my most expensive purchase so far at around £500 but its solar powered and radio controlled, these things are technology at its best, and my most recent purchase the Citizen Promaster Aqualand which I have coveted for a while now and finally purchased a couple of months ago.

With three kids and a big mortgage I don't think I will ever be able to spend thousands on a watch but I live in hope - my small collection brings me joy and I will add to it when I can and maybe one day step up to something a bit more expensive.

I must admit that going through the forum I don't think I have seen such a range of different watches, most people only talk about owning the big brands Rolex, Breitling, Omega, Oris, Tag Huer et al. but there are so many 'other' brands shown here that my head is fair spinning with whats available, not all of it takes my fancy but quite a bit does and its giving me a lot more ideas of where my money could go in the future - if I ever win the lottery!!