• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
suffyaan.ali

V701-5140 R1 battery replacement

A lot of square cased S

5 hours ago, suffyaan.ali said:

I have no idea how to get the cover off of this watch

https://ibb.co/BnqkLct

https://ibb.co/28Q8SK8

Sadly your pictures are very poor and out of focus. This picture of the back of a similar watch shows the tell tale scuff marks where a case knife has been used to prize the back up....(though from the damage caused it looks like they used a steak knife!)

KCp0jAL.jpg

This is a similar shaped Seiko watch with a snap on back. One of the corners has a slight overhang with an indent under it in which to place the blade of a case knife. Yours may be similar if you look closely.

On this watch the overhang is at the top right hand corner.

Seiko G757-4010 battery change.

In this pic you can see the indent bottom right.

My tip, for what it's worth, is use a Stanley knife.  Preferably with a new blade, and be very VERY careful levering it open at the indent that @Roger the Dodger mentioned (if it has one).  I haven't found a watch that I couldn't get open using this method, even the ones that are so tight that they're impossible to reassemble without using a case back closer.  My other tip would be to buy one of these:

20151125_165236

:thumbsup:

• Like 1