• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Nick Parr 1977 Mega Searching For a Watch Thread

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is going on my ignore list - the posts are wearing me down  

Nick if I was in your position (and I have been many times and gone over my budget many times too!) I’d be thinking to myself what a wonderful predicament this is to be in.   Having x amount of money

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

That’s an ugly watch, like looking in a mirror

Which one? Or was it all 7 that you found ugly.?

PS - if you find the reflection in the mirror so ugle, it would be best to stop looking - a new mirror would not help. :toot:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
24 minutes ago, richy176 said:

Which one? Or was it all 7 that you found ugly.?

PS - if you find the reflection in the mirror so ugle, it would be best to stop looking - a new mirror would not help. :toot:

I, from this day forth declare I shall no longer show myself in a mirror, and so it be law.......

Apart from when I have a shave, that would add injury to insult 

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

True, however 120 years ago Nintendo were making playing cards, Lamborghini started out making tractors

But that's not about innovating an existing product, it's completely reinventing the company. You can still buy a Lamborghini tractor, but it's not made by the car company.

The Blackbird, although i`ve read comments that its overpriced (i wouldnt know tbh) i do like this watch, a great masculine looking piece, although you could say that about the other.

Edited by sabailand
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, sabailand said:

The Blackbird, although i`ve read comments that its overpriced (i wouldnt know tbh) i do like this watch, a great masculine looking piece, although you could say that about the other.

I understand the overpriced, plain watch but that is some of the attraction. Still fetching 3k it is a nice masculine watch. There is the 44mm version but prefer the 48mm, only difference is the 44m has red around the date window

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, JoT said:

Four months, 283 replies and 6,700 views

The suspense is killing us :biggrin:

Struggling, Daily multiple searches and still nothing, currently don’t even own a watch as sold my Mudmaster, it’s the size, so many nice watches but I need at least 45mm or it doesn’t feel right and in the price bracket it seems only Breitling and want something not beaten up, budget at 2800

On 23/08/2020 at 18:27, JonnyOldBoy said:

The "main" brands are still pandering to the "heritage" fashion currently ... I predict 2021 will be the start of the contemporary watch revival ...

Yet anything "contemporary" that has been posted on here of late has been met (mainly) with "ooh my eyes shock horror, take it away please". :hmmm9uh:

13 hours ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

I switch regularly between the bay, watchfinder and chrono 24 multiple times a day, each day I await updates on WRUW fingers crossed hoping to see the one...........

what’s wrong with me :partytime:

Nothing  at all you are obviously a sane & level headed individual

13 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Mack @mach 0.0013137 would probably have the answer ?

No need to thank me!

:)

If double wristing is good enough for Nicolas Nayek, it`s good enough for you....

ablogtowatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/Nic...

:thumbs_up:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Yet anything "contemporary" that has been posted on here of late has been met (mainly) with "ooh my eyes shock horror, take it away please". :hmmm9uh:

Yes but "we" are only a small percentage of the watch buying world .... the vast majority of lower end luxury watches and higher end entry watches are purchased by casual collectors and single watch wearers .... 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Yes but "we" are only a small percentage of the watch buying world .... the vast majority of lower end luxury watches and higher end entry watches are purchased by casual collectors and single watch wearers .... 

Which means ?

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Which means ?

Manufacturers, when researching their branding/prospective-product-options/innovation , use companies that specifically do not get skewed data by looking in niche places only.

21 hours ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Struggling, Daily multiple searches and still nothing, currently don’t even own a watch 

off then , this is a forum for watch owners .... :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

:thumbsup: , come on sort yourself out mate ]

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Manufacturers, when researching their branding/prospective-product-options/innovation , use companies that specifically do not get skewed data by looking in niche places only.

**** off then , this is a forum for watch owners .... :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

:thumbsup: , come on sort yourself out mate ]

I’m trying, it’s becoming more frustrating than a pleasure, i think like some commented a long time ago I’m looking at everything and not reducing my search, just want to find that one watch where I’m like that’s it, I’m having that.......:russian_roulette:

• Haha 1