• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Nick Parr 1977 Mega Searching For a Watch Thread

13 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

I’m trying, it’s becoming more frustrating than a pleasure, i think like some commented a long time ago I’m looking at everything and not reducing my search, just want to find that one watch where I’m like that’s it, I’m having that.......:russian_roulette:

Have you tried on a non-chronograph version of a Breitling Avenger ? 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is going on my ignore list - the posts are wearing me down  

Nick if I was in your position (and I have been many times and gone over my budget many times too!) I’d be thinking to myself what a wonderful predicament this is to be in.   Having x amount of money

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

I’m trying, it’s becoming more frustrating than a pleasure, i think like some commented a long time ago I’m looking at everything and not reducing my search, just want to find that one watch where I’m like that’s it, I’m having that.......:russian_roulette:

Just go to a Breitling boutique with your deposit and buy something, it is starting to get a bit tedious now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Manufacturers, when researching their branding/prospective-product-options/innovation , use companies that specifically do not get skewed data by looking in niche places only.

Ah, mist into fog then ? :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, JoT said:

Just go to a Breitling boutique with your deposit and buy something, it is starting to get a bit tedious now

I ain’t buying new, pre owned is my price range.... tedious harsh Jot, although I’m at the end of my tether to try to focus my mind I sold my other watch that was 3 or 4 weeks ago

48 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Perhaps a watch is not for you then. :yes:

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

It’s shameful for me to start this WRUW as I’m back to naked wrist as watch up for sale so don’t want to cause any damage........ yes yes I even frustrate myself 

Could you borrow one for a while?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Sulie said:

Morning all, back on with the rotary :yes:

have a :)good one 

lV7wQ93.jpg

What if it doesn’t sell !! Can you get a beater for in between :)

That’s what I’m looking for now, going for 2, back to a Mudmaster and then a nicer diver type

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sulie said:

Good idea .. what type of diver !? 

Don’t know, saying diver I like the edifice, love CW but too small, again hoping to find that beauty. Want a limited or rare Mudmaster. Oris a possible, I love the blue whale Oris but you can only get it as part of the trilogy. I’m back stuck in my own stupid preconceptions  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, pauluspaolo said:

This one - have a good week folks :) 

be2jVEq.jpg

How about looking at Scurfa watches - quartz (though there's an auto as well), designed by an actual diver, various colours, British & well thought of by owners. Worth having a skeg at anyway I'd have thought?

:thumbs_up:

Just had a look they are nice, I need a minimum 45mm as I have thick troll wrists, this has been an ongoing problem for me

8 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Just had a look they are nice, I need a minimum 45mm as I have thick troll wrists, this has been an ongoing problem for me

Apeks shrouded diver - the case has a shroud a bit like the Seiko Tuna Can - or indeed how about a Seiko Tuna Can shrouded diver or one of the mahoosive Citizen divers (Ecozilla) etc? None of these are small watches!

I don't have thick troll wrists but just wear what I like :)

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, pauluspaolo said:

Apeks shrouded diver - the case has a shroud a bit like the Seiko Tuna Can - or indeed how about a Seiko Tuna Can shrouded diver or one of the mahoosive Citizen divers (Ecozilla) etc? None of these are small watches!

:)

I will have a look, I do like the Seiko Tuna 

28 minutes ago, pauluspaolo said:

This one - have a good week folks :) 

be2jVEq.jpg

How about looking at Scurfa watches - quartz (though there's an auto as well), designed by an actual diver, various colours, British & well thought of by owners. Worth having a skeg at anyway I'd have thought?

:thumbs_up:

Great choice scurfa.. swapped mine for a 007 .. :yes:

12 minutes ago, pauluspaolo said:

I don't have thick troll wrists but just wear what I like :)

Ecozilla.. if I could afford one .. yes:yes:

2 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Take notice of this, it is wisdom.

@Boots

i do and this will be my approach, a daily Mudmaster and then a few I flip or sell to buy others, so not to make money just to update when I see something I like....... not that I’m indecisive so let’s see