• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

Bond watches (again)

On 06/06/2020 at 08:51, richy176 said:

Is it only Omega who have special bond watches?

Swatch have done Bond watches over the years, recently released a Limited Edition Q Watch from the new film No Time To Die which all 7007 are sold out but people are selling these off.

Thanks to original poster for such detail with all the model numbers, this has given me inspiration to hunt down for the right price the Seiko 7A28-7020 from A View To A Kill.

Couple of sneaky surprises in there For me, especially the pre Daytona and Hamilton. 

Never liked those Omegas with 007 on the dial, used to look at them and think great looking iconic watch spoiled by gimmickry!

I think its time for a brand change. I hate to say it, but Bremont should be next.

• Like 1

Thats a great post. Looking through I think Hamilton have rereleased their watch from Live and Let Die. Saw it pop up on instagram recently. Very unusual style.

As others have stated, great post. Very interesting the variety of watches bond has worn over the years, and it's got me looking for a tag from my favourite bond film, the living daylights! 

Famous British pilot Sheila Scott, is believed by some to have been the inspiration behind Pussy Galore. Preferred a GMT Master

Sheila-Scott-Rolex-GMT-Master.jpg

Sheila-Scott-Rolex-GMT-Master-Ad.jpg

Nice, with a few surprises,  especially before the product placement that started in the 90s.

Anyone else liked to have seen more of David Niven as Bond? Without a very tongue in cheek script. 

1 hour ago, Mart said:

Anyone else liked to have seen more of David Niven as Bond? Without a very tongue in cheek script. 

Yes, and Stanley Baker.

emotionheader5798296929.jpg

but not Rodney Bewes. 

On 14/06/2020 at 06:17, Rotundus said:

Oh dear, so many Seiko watches - that's disappointing - I like Seiko :rolleyes:

So do I...Roger Moore wore a Seiko G757- 5020 in Octopussy...this model had a horseshoe shaped bezel surround.

Seiko G757 Sports 100 James Bond Watch

I have the same module (G757) but with a square bezel...the G757-4010....same watch, different case, and on a bracelet...winner! :thumbsup:

Seiko G757-4010

6 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

So do I...Roger Moore wore a Seiko G757- 5020 in Octopussy...this model had a horseshoe shaped bezel surround.

Seiko G757 Sports 100 James Bond Watch

I have the same module (G757) but with a square bezel...the G757-4010....same watch, different case, and on a bracelet...winner! :thumbsup:

I quite like the watches , it was just a sarky dig at the whole 007 silliness really , bit like civvies wearing a 'royal marines' watch. Moore easily the worst bond too :tongue:.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2020 at 22:36, WRENCH said:

I think its time for a brand change. I hate to say it, but Bremont should be next.

Kingsmen agents wear Bremont.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Canon Man said:

Kingsmen agents wear Bremont.

Just had a look. Not sure about that one. :hmmm9uh:

4 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

The films not very good, being polite. :laughing2dw:

I quite liked them...:thumbsup:....Ok, the second one was a bit iffy...especially with Elton 'Bog' in it...

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Ok, the second one was a bit iffy..

So in general, a bit more Bremont than Omega then ?

11 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

So in general, a bit more Bremont than Omega then ?

Apparently, for the 3rd outing, all the agents, UK and USA are going to wear TAGs.

More on the Bremonts here...https://www.timepiecechronicle.com/features/2015/3/9/savingtheworldonewatchatatime

2 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Apparently, for the 3rd outing, all the agents, UK and USA are going to wear TAGs.

Better discounts then. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1