• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Timefactors Smiths Navigator

KAS118

428631d5cfa47426d7e5aecb694fc029.jpg

The prototypes for the Smiths Navigator have recently been revealed. Obviously a homage to the iconic IWC Mk 11 it uses a top grade hand wound Sellita SW210 and keeps the original 36mm diameter.

The more I look at it the more gorgeous I think it is and will definitely be trying to get a black dial version when they go on sale in October. 7cf8e3f3829aa58b3ddda6213040d744.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 8

1 hour ago, KAS118 said:

428631d5cfa47426d7e5aecb694fc029.jpg

The prototypes for the Smiths Navigator have recently been revealed. Obviously a homage to the iconic IWC Mk 11 it uses a top grade hand wound Sellita SW210 and keeps the original 36mm diameter.

The more I look at it the more gorgeous I think it is and will definitely be trying to get a black dial version when they go on sale in October. 7cf8e3f3829aa58b3ddda6213040d744.jpg

I like my pilot's watch at 35.5mi, but I do sometimes think I should have gone black dial.  Looks great.

First YouTube review of both prototypes are up - and they’re absolutely gorgeous

https://youtu.be/LsZt5estBxc

First YouTube review of both prototypes are up - and they’re absolutely gorgeous

Hmmmmm.....try again

http://

• Like 1

I really like a lot of Timefactors watches and own a PRS-25 that gets a lot of wrist time too but he seems to be downsizing his watches to sizes I just can't get away with, 42mm is my sweet spot although I can pull off 40 - 46mm with no issue. 36mm is just too small even with longer lugs. That said the above watch isn't really my cup of tea, I just wish he'd hurry up and release the Caribbean he's been teasing for months / years or the on again / off again art deco.

That hour hand puts me off. It looks like someone's guillotined it for badness.

interestingly. This apparently sold last year at auction for £12k plus commission.

"A Smiths De Luxe steel circular cased MoD issue gentleman's wristwatch, the signed black dial with white Arabic numerals, MoD arrow and centre seconds, the case back plain, case diameter 4cm.

Hammer price: £12,000

( Plus 

Buyer’s Premium)"

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
14 minutes ago, soundfanz said:

I managed to buy the cream dial version a couple of hours ago on the timefactors site. I look forward to getting it.

My only concern is the size, as I normaly wear 40-42 mm watches on my 7" wrist.

I also managed to place an order for one. Same wrist size as me too, I favour smaller watches so shouldn’t be a problem. 

• Like 2

Love the look and style of this type of watch, especially in the sand colour.

I've taken a punt on this, due to be with me in April (I have to wait as I have the sand version). It will be the smallest watch I own so I'm a little anxious. Paid under the rrp as I backed it easily as a kickstarter.

https://mitchmason.com/products/chronicle-desert-sand

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Love the look and style of this type of watch, especially in the sand colour.

I've taken a punt on this, due to be with me in April (I have to wait as I have the sand version). It will be the smallest watch I own so I'm a little anxious. Paid under the rrp as I backed it easily as a kickstarter.

https://mitchmason.com/products/chronicle-desert-sand

I like that. The hour hand's a bit weird. :laughing2dw: 

image009-1.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, soundfanz said:

I managed to buy the cream dial version a couple of hours ago on the timefactors site. I look forward to getting it.

My only concern is the size, as I normaly wear 40-42 mm watches on my 7" wrist.

57 minutes ago, Wobbit said:

I also managed to place an order for one. Same wrist size as me too, I favour smaller watches so shouldn’t be a problem. 

It looks absolutely fine on a 7" wrist :)  

50908274641_6bff0a0065_c.jpg

• Like 2

I like them but I also have my eye on a a PRS 29 with the black face as opposed to the PRS29 AM with the white dial. I see that they are currently out of stock but the other issue is actually getting 'in' to the sales shop when it opens. I understand that the owners website automatically closes once the sales reach a pre set number. I think they typically sell out within about 10 - 15 minutes so you have to be quick!