• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning...   1966 OMEGA DE VILLE. Cal: 711, 24 jewel.  

Rolex GMT Master II today...

Vintage Seiko this morning .

Posted Images

This arrived this morning from The Ukraine, (Luch 3055 electronic)

6sQHCP4.jpg

needed a bit of TLC, day/date changed at 6 instead of 12:( and it was running SERIOUSLY slow (in excess of -900secs/day!) A quick strip down and repositioning of the hands solved the first problem and a session on the Timegrapher has greatly improved the second one, now running at about-10/15 secs/day but will wear it for a few hours and see if it settles down....

Edited by John_D
  • Like 7

Gone back to the Victorinox Swiss Army chrono now!

vb5wDNA.jpg 

It's one the fifth strap now, The brown Hirsch didn't suit it!!

mVKU70R.jpg  gW8pFsj.jpg

EDIT- Been looking on fleabay for a thicker 21mm strap as this one is very skinny!

John :thumbsup:

Edited by johnbaz
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, Hayballs said:

What's with the 'radiation' symbol at 3 o'clock?

Do you glow in the dark?

Only when I’ve had my ready brek. 

From my days working with RSA93 Regulations, all items containing GTLS (and other radioactive substances as per the Regs) are to display a hazard trefoil, though I can’t remember if there is a lower limit where the Regs don’t apply, and as you can see from the caseback, the activity in these is very small at 26 millicuries. But of course these are U.K. Regulations, so wouldn’t necessarily apply to this watch. 

So in this case, it’s either for show, or due to regulations in its home country. There may also be some military meaning, as GTLS on military equipment had to be highlighted on dials, instruments etc by a hazard trefoil or. ‘T’ in a circle. 

50004492812_b1f7c4615b_b.jpg

Edited by DJJazzyJeff