• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
krissy1301

Spring Bars

Hi Simon,

I've just bought a new strap for my watch which is being delivered in a few weeks time. I've just had delivery of the Bergeon spring bar removes so have taken the current strap off. One of the spring bars is standard and one is flanged and both look questionable so wanted to replace them. When I'm buying them online (I've been looking at HS Walsh), is the size I need relating to the lug width or the length of the spring bar? My lug widths are 16mm, do I order a 16mm spring bar or do I need an 18mm spring bar (the relaxed size of the ones I've taken out)

Apologies for the potentially stupid questions, I'm very much a novice! Cheers!

Hi, Spring bars are sold in sizes 16mm 18 mm 20 mm etc. the size stated is the size of the gap on the side of the case. The relaxed size of a 16mm is a few millimetres longer and compresses to fit an opening of 16mm.  Same for all spring bars. The diameter of the tube of the spring bar, does vary. 1.5mm and 1.8mm are the most popular. Rather than buying loads, if you don't intend to use them in the future. Send me your address details and I will send you a few pairs of each size.

hope this helps.

Regards Simon.