• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
pit3000

What year was this Chronoswiss Lunar Chronograph made?

I recently pulled this watch I inherited a long time ago out of the safe and have been trying to identify which year it was made, and failed miserably to nail it down.

Since a few kind folks here on the forum recently kindly helped me with a similar search for knowledge I was hoping someone here might be able to pin it down — a big thank you in advance for indulging me.

It's a Chronoswiss Lunar Chronograph with moonphase, marked with reference number 77990.

Given who owned it before and their biography, I'd expect this to be from around 1985-1993. I looked in every place I could think of (including pinging Chronoswiss directly) but I couldn't find a reference to a model with this specific configuration. Models I found referenced either had "Alfred Rochat" added under "Chronoswiss", or the "Automatic" was printed in an arc; none matched this exactly.

Since I'd like to have this professionally serviced after 15+ years without any maintenance, I'd love to know what exact model this is.

Here's the watch in question:

2020-06-18-09-35-21.jpg

The back says "77990 - WATERRESISTANT 3ATU - STAINLESS STEEL BACK - SWISS MADE". So no surprises there. Alas, it's got some nasty scratches and marks.

2020-06-18-09-35-58.jpg

I was almost too embarrassed to post this; I hope my go to watchmaker can take are of this brutal nick on the crown. This watch has clearly seen some rough times, relatively speaking.

Photo-12-06-20-18-00-28.jpg

Can anyone give me a hint as to what year this might be, and how you ID'd it?

Thanks so much in advance!

ps. How do you take these amazing watch photos? Boy, this is even harder than I imagined :)