• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Bargin 1963 chrono - aliexpress

That is a really good price. Much cheaper than elsewhere I’ve seen. I’ve never purchased from aliexpress so would be interested in your views. The seller doesn’t list the watch dimensions as far as I can find, is it the 38mm or 41mm version? 

This one is a 38mm, Its hidden in the detail somewhere.

Aliexpress is good - I've bought a watch, some guitar machine heads (tuners) and an air conditioning/heater unit for a car from there. Every time it's been fine. Usually the postage takes a while, but you can pay for expedited if you want. The usual duty/VAT applies.

Individual traders or companies use the webite, so the usual caveats apply. There is a feedback system on there, which usually has photos.

Thanks. I took a quick look at the feedback I could see, but found it difficult to identify much about the seller Other than they’ve been active since July 2019.

The feedback seems pretty positive in the main, although some seemed a little contrived, but I guess that could be due to translations.

As I’ve never used aliexpress before I’m a little reticent. I assume you have to register to purchase and ask sellers questions.

I shall ponder it on my dog walk as it’s a good price and I’ve looked at these for a while. 

PS Just Taken another look and I’d not opened up the advert enough to see the full watch description. Now I can see it’s the 38mm

Edited by Littlelegs
Further spec found

You have to register, then its just like anything else. Pretty much one click buy - I upgraded delivery as the seller was offering to pick up half the cost. All a bit much of a muchness, but I'm excited for it to get here.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Its just arrived, I'm impressed. 

The green nato strap is basic, but feels good hard wearing. The leather, again nice and supple but I'm not too sure how long it'll hold up. On the plus side, it has quick release pins. To be honest a little long for me, so likely relegated to a 'to sell later' box. 

Included is a cleaning cloth, spring bar tool and a couple of warranty cards and instruction card. Presented in a reasonably cheap cardboard box which is lined with foam.

Clearly what it's all about is that movement, which seems really good. The second hand is a tiny bit stuttery around 12 on the chrono, but it all works as it should.

Very happy for the price.

50065279138_b69dcbf98b_c.jpg1963 by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

50066092807_144eca2ca5_c.jpg1963 by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

edit: realise there is a sticker on the dial!.... Now removed

• Like 3

That’s was quick. Looks good. I was going to order one myself, but ended up buying one from a mate. He originally got it from poljot24.de. By chance he dropped it off today. There’s a lot to like though I’m not sure about the Milanese strap. 

Some quick and dirty pictures below for comparison

large.FBA6CE98-8F32-449A-8D89-EFBBD72AA05C.jpeg.697d7f789ae1ea9c7676398bc48cb6c3.jpeg

large.5BA35679-9484-4064-AC07-5E8C1FB6F649.jpeg.0ea280e6c223a2f59076cbc1a8f5ce60.jpeg

• Like 2

It came on the Milanese with a couple of spare NATO’s, but I’m thinking that a dark brown leather would look nice or perhaps a lighter brown. I’ll try a couple at the weekend  :thumbsup:. So far I’m impressed with it though.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 22/06/2020 at 08:33, Littlelegs said:

That is a really good price. Much cheaper than elsewhere I’ve seen. I’ve never purchased from aliexpress so would be interested in your views. The seller doesn’t list the watch dimensions as far as I can find, is it the 38mm or 41mm version? 

I messed up my purchase in that I bought the watch before I had a aliexpress account. When I did register, I thought I hadn't succeeded as I didn't get a confirmation email, so I registered again with a second email address. 

So in a mess, I contacted them. God knows where they are, what they speak or what time it was there? But they put me on a chat page and told me the first registration process was correct and that I'd ordered abc from seller xyz, and was there anything else they could help me with? 

I'd gone from thinking I'd probably lost £80 (cos I didn't even know who I'd bought off) to thinking the Chinese are a fine lot of fellows indeed. 

Turns out there was some "confusion" in the description to the item I'd bought, they arbitrated and they had them refund me $20.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, JoT said:

The Chinese should do more of this and less of the copying, it's a good looking piece

umm Scott @birthyearwatches

won't link him but he will explain

Edited by Thomasr

I am still researching this, but from what I understand so far these are copies of the Seagull watches

36 minutes ago, JoT said:

The Chinese should do more of this and less of the copying, it's a good looking piece

The Chinese appear to have been outchinesed!

No mention of Sea-Gull on the movement or case back.  I don't have anything definite as yet, but enough to remove the word Sea-Gull from the few i have left for sale.  They appear to be homages rather than fakes.

Still a good looking thing mind

9 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I am still researching this, but from what I understand so far these are copies of the Seagull watches

No mention of Sea-Gull on the movement or case back.  I don't have anything definite as yet, but enough to remove the word Sea-Gull from the few i have left for sale.  They appear to be homages rather than fakes.

If so that's depressing :(

20 hours ago, scottswatches said:

They appear under the names, SHOUTAOS, and SEAKOSS.

• Thanks 1