• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Which Omega sports watch to buy need some help.

AGEMO

Hello, one and all. I am new to this forum or come to think of it any watch forum for that matter and I would be looking a little advice from you fellow members regarding my Omega watch.

The watches I am looking at are the below, now these watched will be secondary  market used or as new condition box and papers I have researched these watches already and from what I have learnt is the steel watches hold their value more than the gold @ steel offering, the sped master is not unlike the Rolex Daytona I know it would not be in the same league but this is not the issue as I have read that the Omega are a better watch in some instances regarding the diver watches and the Omega are very accurate with better workings than Rolex and that info is from some well-regarded watch enthusiasts.

I already own a Rolex Sea Dweller 126600 and would like to own an Omega just to see how it compares to the Rolex as buying a second Rolex would be out of the question but I could stretch to an Omega and why not.

I would like some advice on which watch to purchase if it were you buying the watch which one would you choose not as investment but to wear and possibly in time it may gain in value so come on give me your thoughts my hears is set on either the speed master, or the steel Seamaster in steel I don’t know about the gold but that price on the gold Seamaster is rather tasty.  

Omega Speedmaster Racing 44,25 MM 329.30.44.51.04.001 £5207

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Chronograph Steel/Sedma Gold 44mm 210.30.44.51.01.001 £5041

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Chronograph Steel/Sedma Gold 44mm 210.22.44.51.01.001 £4950

Thanks to all who reply.

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Try a 2231-80 SMP. (Seamaster Professional)

These are all titanium models. Very scarce now, but I think they are better than gold models. The one with the electric blue dial is the one to go for...there is a black dialled version, but not so sought after. Very rare and appreciating nicely. They are from around the turn of the millenium...ie around 2000. This is mine...

Omega

Omega SMP.

Omega SMP.

Omega SMP. Lume

The calibre is the Omega 1120...a modified ETA 2892-A2 movement. The original ETA movement has 21 jewels, but Omega modified it to 23J, with extra engraving, Rhodium plating and embellishments to the surfaces.

Omega Cal. 1120

Thank you for the reply and those watches you have are lovely looking very nice indeed as I said before the Omega watches are a fantastic watch and they are up there with the likes of Rolex as I believe Omega are their main competitor.

I will look into what you have suggested, thank you for the info most welcome as I need all the advice I can get.

• Like 1

Sorry but I don’t understand your criteria.

Your competing a poverty spec Speedie model to Daytona’s yet they are nothing alike. Current ceramic models wipe the floor with any Speedmaster and even comparing older Daytona’s with Zenith movements to older Speedmasters don’t really hold up. The current ceramic Daytona is superior in every way; residuals, dial layout, case design, bracelet design....

Same with comparing your DSSD to a poverty spec Seamaster. If you wanted something comparable you’d be looking at the Planet Ocean range that are rated to 600m or even the PloProf. If you wanted something comparable to the current DSSD with the updated movement then you’d be looking at Omega Planet Oceana with the Master Coaxial movement.

Well that is me well and truly brought back down to earth by @Igerswis If truth be told I do not think that Omega are a poverty brand @it'salivejim yes there was a little bit of play with my posting.  Now thinking about it I have maybe decided on the Explorer II model 216570 as I previously owned that watch so might revisit it again.  As regards to the current ceramic Daytona, 116500  I do not believe paying £14K over RRP is a good buy as that bubble might burst as at one time Rolex could not give these watches away just because people have artificially hiked the price of this watch up to the stratosphere what happens if the bubble bursts you would be severely left out of pocket.

For that reason that is why I stay away from these hiked up to extreme Rolex watches GMT Master II take the Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLNR RRP on that watch was and still is £7150 secondary market price £14K double the price what if the bubble bursts at least me paying 10.5K for my Seadweller the price of that watch is currently sitting at £9300 and with a 6.5% price increase this year that will bring it up to almost 10K so by the time 3 years is up I will be able to get more for the watch than what I paid for it at whatever the current retail price will be so you can guess secondary market prices will be crazy stupid.

Crazy Rolex prices for crazy rich people with an artificial pricing system that is a game I would not take the risk, so you see I do not care about the things you mentioned if I can buy a speedy Omega I would be happy with that watch. Anyway not to worry I’ll sort something out it will be another Rolex with a much more down to earth price I am not playing the Rolex price game or will it be an Omega.  I will revisit this posting and update whenever that will be don't hold your breath suppose those OZ Hyper GT alloy rims will look nice on my car with the carbon fibre centre caps. Could have purchased poverty rims costing £700 why spend £700 when you can spend 2K on rims. On the secondary market  in 5 years time these rims will be worth more money that what I paid for them.

9odc25mq2im41.jpg 

Well that is me well and truly brought back down to earth by@Igerswis If truth be told I do not think that Omega are a poverty brand @it'salivejim yes there was a little bit of play with my posting.  Now thinking about it I have maybe decided on the Explorer II model 216570 as I previously owned that watch so might revisit it again.  As regards to the current ceramic Daytona, 116500  I do not believe paying £14K over RRP is a good buy as that bubble might burst as at one time Rolex could not give these watches away just because people have artificially hiked the price of this watch up to the stratosphere what happens if the bubble bursts you would be severely left out of pocket.
For that reason that is why I stay away from these hiked up to extreme Rolex watches GMT Master II take the Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLNR RRP on that watch was and still is £7150 secondary market price £14K double the price what if the bubble bursts at least me paying 10.5K for my Seadweller the price of that watch is currently sitting at £9300 and with a 6.5% price increase this year that will bring it up to almost 10K so by the time 3 years is up I will be able to get more for the watch than what I paid for it at whatever the current retail price will be so you can guess secondary market prices will be crazy stupid.
Crazy Rolex prices for crazy rich people with an artificial pricing system that is a game I would not take the risk, so you see I do not care about the things you mentioned if I can buy a speedy Omega I would be happy with that watch. Anyway not to worry I’ll sort something out it will be another Rolex with a much more down to earth price I am not playing the Rolex price game or will it be an Omega.  I will revisit this posting and update whenever that will be don't hold your breath suppose those OZ Hyper GT alloy rims will look nice on my car with the carbon fibre centre caps. Could have purchased poverty rims costing £700 why spend £700 when you can spend 2K on rims. On the secondary market  in 5 years time these rims will be worth more money that what I paid for them.

9odc25mq2im41.jpg 

Can you learn how to create sentences and use punctuation as it will make reading your posts much easier.

Where did the alloy wheels come into it?

Not even his photo. Stolen from IG from a woman with a Golf GTI.

I wasn’t sure when I first read his OP as his choices and comparisons didn’t make sense but now I know he’s a troll.

It’s not Jay with another account is it? Can mods check the IP?

1 hour ago, Igerswis said:

Not even his photo. Stolen from IG from a woman with a Golf GTI.

I wasn’t sure when I first read his OP as his choices and comparisons didn’t make sense but now I know he’s a troll.

It’s not Jay with another account is it? Can mods check the IP?

My google reverse image search shows the car as belonging to a garage technician in North Carolina, who bought the GTI from the garage they work at, and the alloys were bought 3 months ago for $1750 - not that I’m stalking them of course...! 

50024679528_f64ba2723d_b.jpg

My google reverse image search shows the car as belonging to a garage technician in North Carolina, who bought the GTI from the garage they work at, and the alloys were bought 3 months ago for $1750 - not that I’m stalking them of course...! 

50024679528_f64ba2723d_b.jpg  

fcbcdfe1a32db1dadd40899e2161bddc.png
919d68aa760f49e9f575490ce516d88c.png
8cc05d034b7ea17c828641d5e91def11.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, maybe I’m naive, what is there purpose by trolling? As in this guy or girl, what are they after or hoping to achieve? 

I get trolling in general, just not in this instance

Hi, maybe I’m naive, what is there purpose by trolling? As in this guy or girl, what are they after or hoping to achieve? 
I get trolling in general, just not in this instance

People get their kicks in some strange and unimaginable ways...gender realignment, interfering with minors....

Could be a past member or someone from another forum getting a kick out of posting stupid things. It’s sometimes hard to differentiate which noobs are trolls or genuine but in this instance they were coming out with some stupid statements from the beginning which didn’t make sense to me.
  • Like 1