• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I posted on the WRUW topic earlier but heres the official thread!

I was lucky enough to pick up this little gem today. Paid for it during the lockdown at the end of April after spamming my ADs with chaser emails regarding my current position on "the list". I'd got into a bit of routine of touching base every few months.  The next day I got an email to ring in urgently.....and 2 months later here we are!!

Amazing service.  Whilst I didn't get the obligatory glass of bubbles for obvious reasons, they kindly gave me a free gift (Rolex branded leather card wallet) and a letter from the CEO. I also asked for a catalogue as a little keepsake (I didn't realise how good the Rolex catalogues are). I also didn't realise that Mappin and Webb throw on an additional 5 years warranty on top of the Rolex 5. Full 10 years worth of cover. Pretty reassuring.

So to the watch. Just love it. The fit is amazing, the quality exceptional, it just looks stunning on the wrist. So pleased.

I initially tried on an Omega SMP300 about a year ago, and had the money ready to purchase - in fact I had every intention of purchasing there and then - but once it was on the wrist it just didn't click with me. Not knocking the Omega, its an awesome timepiece, and one day I may buy one, but it proves that you need to see a watch in the flesh to 100% know it's the one.  After trying the SMP I tried on a 2-tone Sub as well as my pals no date and I knew it was the one for me. The Rolex Sub fit and finish just felt perfect. I decided then it would be; date complication, retail only, no grey market, save up and just wait as long as it took.

To the list and the wait - I've been on a list for a Sub Date for about 15 months; however with this particular AD for only 8 months or so, with no additional purchases or sweeteners to get me in.  Must have been the right place at the right time. I'd recommend that if anyone is on the fence about Rolex due to the waitlist it's worth getting on one anyway and being patient. Stay in contact with your AD. Gently nudge them from time to time. You may get lucky.

Just as a final side note, the AD gave me all my paperwork to take away, even though I'd been told initially they would be withheld for 12 months. It's either an oversight on their behalf, or restrictions have been lifted a little with regards to UK Rolex paperwork practices.

Some photos

IMG-2090.jpg

8-F0-E5-BBB-68-DC-40-A4-991-F-D10121284-

IMG-2098.jpg

IMG-2099.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Very nice indeed, great to hear the service you got was first class too. 

I’d like to know what the reasoning behind keeping paperwork for 12 months was though? Could understand if it was financed, to prevent you selling it as soon as you left the AD, but if it’s paid for why keep the papers?

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

Very nice indeed, great to hear the service you got was first class too. 

I’d like to know what the reasoning behind keeping paperwork for 12 months was though? Could understand if it was financed, to prevent you selling it as soon as you left the AD, but if it’s paid for why keep the papers?

I think it was to do with dissuading flippers. But maybe they've realised that greymarket sellers these days aren't fussed on paperwork anyway. So a bit of pointless process. On the flip-side (pardon the pun) i suppose if you returned for the papers 12 months later without the watch it may indicate a flipper and maybe they can blacklist you? Strange process that may have died out thankfully.

1 hour ago, GASHEAD said:

Very nice - well done!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Rolex changed their policy re warranty papers, as it appears that withholding papers was illegal. When I picked up my Daytona just before lock down I also received warranty card & all papers. Like the submariner would not mind one myself.

• Like 2
Rolex changed their policy re warranty papers, as it appears that withholding papers was illegal. When I picked up my Daytona just before lock down I also received warranty card & all papers. Like the submariner would not mind one myself.

Didn’t know that but makes sense to me. Always thought it was a strange practice! Good to know they’ve seen sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

304ca62fea03f42f82a863570b554c91.jpg

Mrs dug the bubbles out the cupboard to celebrate. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1