• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
watchvirge

New Member just navigating around this lovely forum

Hello to all

I hope I am not being forward but wanted to introduce myself as some new members seem to.

I am a new member located i the UK and have enjoyed skimming through this forum!!

I am very new to watches and collecting - in fact watch collectng is likely to be slow and careful until I feel confident about some of the obvious pitfalls!

I have already learnt quite a bit from browsing around this wonderful forum for the last couple of weeks - although I do get extremely sidetracked by the photos of some of the quality watches I see on here!

I have never collected watches but I seem to have amassed a very small and very modest (basic) collection of sorts over the past couple of years.

My first watch was a Nike Triax C6 that I used for heart rate whilst running. I have just ordered a new battery for it in the hope that it can be resuscitated after sitting in a cabinet for the last 10 years!

I also have a Samsung Gear 2 which I use when running now but not with a heart rate monitor these days - don't run fast enough to care about training zones anymore. Therefore use it for music so that I don't need my phone when running.

My next watch is a Citizen Ecodrive Titanium sapphire (blue dial.) Not the best value watch now that I have looked at this forum and youtube, but it was a present so has some sentimental meaning for me and isn't unpleasent to look at. It was a fraction too large for my wrists but I did manage to remove a link and it now fits perfectly.

I recently purchased a cheap beater watch (I would never have known what a beater watch was 6 months ago) from amazon - a Casio MRW-200H-1BVES for the Princely sum of 9.99! I did also purchase a Nato strap to replace the rather hideous strap that it came with. Washing the car, dropping it several times, DIY and other tasks don't seem to bother it so it does seem fit for purpose.

I also decided to purchase a Phoibos PX002C as I wanted to reasonably cheapish watch that looked nicer than the Casio and had plenty of water resistance for swimming plus a tougher sapphire chrystal. I realise that maybe I should have gone for the equivalent Phoibos with Automatic movement instead but I just wanted a half decent divers watch without breaking the bank! A 40mm divers watch is actually too small for my wrist so I was attracted by the price, the reviews plus the slightly larger (42mm) size. No regrets currently on that watch so all good!

My last purchase (still in transit after almost 4 weeks) is a Casio MDV-106G-1A (black and gold Duro) that I ordered in May. It is still on its way to me from the USA. That was supposed to be a Fathers day present from my kids but at this rate, I may be able to have it as a Christmas present. I already purchased a nice tan leather strap for it so I live in hope that I'll be3 able to use it soon.

Although I have been reading topics on here, I have yet to read about nserting images. But I promise to soon although most on here would probably not find my watches that exciting. But I am looking forward to learning more about this hugely popular hobby. If i have put this post in the wrong section I apologise -  please feel free to move it wherever it needs to be move to mods!

Please continue to post your great pictures and show off your watches as people like myself are genuinely interested and looking at these posts, even if we are quiet when doing so!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Welcome. You wont get out alive. 

...or with your wallet intact...better give it to a responsible adult to look after...:laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

...or with your wallet intact...better give it to a responsible adult to look after...:laughing2dw:

Like @mach 0.0013137:wheelchair:

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

I resent that accusation: whatever  it was I wasn`t responsible and I have witnesses who will confirm that I was somewhere else  at whatever time whatever it was took  place :whistle:

Seriously, welcome to the asylum  forum watchvirge & be not concerned you don`t have to be mad to post here but if you are you`ll fit right in  :partytime:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I resent that accusation: whatever  it was I wasn`t responsible and I have witnesses who will confirm that I was somewhere else  at whatever time whatever it was took  place :whistle:

its been to hot here the heat must have gone to my head, now im going on 48 im turning a new leaf and becoming a sensible member who just fits in behaves and gets on with everyone. @BondandBigM has agreed to pull me back in line if i get beyond myself again. :watch: nope ive really decided its time to grow up and act my age. Im not 19 anymore. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

its been to hot here the heat must have gone to my head, now im going on 48 im turning a new leaf and becoming a sensible member who just fits in behaves and gets on with everyone. @BondandBigM has agreed to pull me back in line if i get beyond myself again. :watch: nope ive really decided its time to grow up and act my age. Im not 19 anymore. 

NURSE!! :scared:

Nigel needs an urgent medication review  :crazy5vh:   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

NURSE!! :scared:

Nigel needs an urgent medication review  :crazy5vh:   

no i mean it this time im a reformed character, new middle of the road tolerant i'm maturing my mum says.  Growing up at last. 

becoming respectable even. 

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

no i mean it this time im a reformed character, new middle of the road tolerant i'm maturing my mum says.  Growing up at last. 

becoming respectable even. 

OH NO!! IT`S WORSE THEN I THOUGHT :scared:

Time to call in Nurse Ratchet methinks...

Will Ratched Be Ryan Murphy's Version Of Wicked?

:biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, mach 0.0013137 said:

ok i will do my best to carry on as normal then. I can do without her coming round again. 

19 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

19 hours ago, Nigelp said:

ok i will do my best to carry on as normal then. I can do without her coming round again. 

Big M is licensed to administer medicines, she’s even got a couple of certificates. 

And as it looks like the Canaries is off the calendar this summer you’d better behave or we might have to have a staycation in Wales.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Big M is licensed to administer medicines, she’s even got a couple of certificates. 

And as it looks like the Canaries is off the calendar this summer you’d better behave or we might have to have a staycation in Wales.

wales is shut along with scottyland, i'll get you a spade and you can dig a tunnel. 

• Haha 1

Thanks all - I'm enjoying he banter already!

My wallet has gone into hiding since the shops reopened so trying to forget my paypal details and ignoring all the watch emails I subscribed to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/06/2020 at 19:02, mach 0.0013137 said:

I think Nurse Norma Snockers would be more welcome....:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, watchvirge said:

Thanks all - I'm enjoying he banter already!

My wallet has gone into hiding since the shops reopened so trying to forget my paypal details and ignoring all the watch emails I subscribed to.

Don’t be too put off by a load of old blokes behaving like kids in a playground, occasionally there is some sensible and interesting content going on from people that actually do know what they are talking about.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Don’t be too put off by a load of old blokes behaving like kids in a playground, occasionally there is some sensible and interesting content going on from people that actually do know what they are talking about.

very true we have 5 people who know what they are on about

@BondandBigM

@BondandBigM

@BondandBigM

@BondandBigM

and Jonny old boy. Who is our corona expert, his mum let him take all the empty bottles back as a kid. 

• Like 1