• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
pauluspaolo

ETA 2782 winding stem wanted

Hi all - I'm trying to repair botch together an old Adina divers watch that's been sitting in my parts/spares drawer for the last few years. I've had the watch for years & finally decided to try & do something with it. Last time I wore it I seem to remember that it worked & kept reasonable time, unfortunately the already marginal threads on the case tube/crown finally decided to give up the ghost so I had to wear the watch with the crown unscrewed :(  I'm pretty sure that the date is stuck as well (i can live with that though). I've stripped the watch down (not the movement!) & have managed to change the case tube & screw down crown for a generic R*l*x one that I had left over from another project (for some reason I bought 2 & only used 1).

Anyway upon removing the stem I've found that the end of it is twisted therefore I was wondering if anyone had a spare?? The movement is definitely the ETA2782 (stamped under the balance wheel) I've looked on Cousins (I'm not registered on there but nothing comes up in a search). I've also looked on Ebay & the only stem I can find on there seems to be for a 2770 movement. It comes up when I search for "ETA2782 stem"  so I wonder if it will fit both movements (the 2770 & 2782) .....does anyone Know? If it does fit I'll buy that & stop wasting everyone's time :laugh: 

Photos will be posted if/when I get the watch up & running. It really is quite a battered thing (faded bezel & heavily scratched caseback) but it's got hooded lugs, a domed acrylic crystal & a cool 2 tone dial. Worth using/wearing I think.

Please send me a pm through the forum if you can help - I'm obviously happy to pay for the correct part :thumbs_up:

57 minutes ago, pauluspaolo said:

Hi all - I'm trying to repair botch together an old Adina divers watch that's been sitting in my parts/spares drawer for the last few years. I've had the watch for years & finally decided to try & do something with it. Last time I wore it I seem to remember that it worked & kept reasonable time, unfortunately the already marginal threads on the case tube/crown finally decided to give up the ghost so I had to wear the watch with the crown unscrewed :(  I'm pretty sure that the date is stuck as well (i can live with that though). I've stripped the watch down (not the movement!) & have managed to change the case tube & screw down crown for a generic R*l*x one that I had left over from another project (for some reason I bought 2 & only used 1).

Anyway upon removing the stem I've found that the end of it is twisted therefore I was wondering if anyone had a spare?? The movement is definitely the ETA2782 (stamped under the balance wheel) I've looked on Cousins (I'm not registered on there but nothing comes up in a search). I've also looked on Ebay & the only stem I can find on there seems to be for a 2770 movement. It comes up when I search for "ETA2782 stem"  so I wonder if it will fit both movements (the 2770 & 2782) .....does anyone Know? If it does fit I'll buy that & stop wasting everyone's time :laugh: 

Photos will be posted if/when I get the watch up & running. It really is quite a battered thing (faded bezel & heavily scratched caseback) but it's got hooded lugs, a domed acrylic crystal & a cool 2 tone dial. Worth using/wearing I think.

Please send me a pm through the forum if you can help - I'm obviously happy to pay for the correct part :thumbs_up:

When you say twisted , do you mean the square section , if so that was normal on some eta stems , can’t remember the technical name for it , but if it is that bit it’s ok 

Yeah the square section bit at the end - I thought it had been twisted whilst winding an old, in need of a service (as this one probably is) movement. Ta for the info & I'll have a go at refitting it/putting the watch back together tomorrow:biggrin: Thanks again :clap:

• Like 1