Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
NOTSHARP

WAYW- Saturday 27/06

Recommended Posts

2020-06-27_12-07-34

Trying out a banana filter, by which I mean I got banana all over me fingers and the lens :laugh:

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

First pair...

STEINHART OCEAN ONE BRONZE 103-0575,SWISS MADE, (ETA 2824, elabore, 25 Jewels)& CORGEUT "Bronze" (PVD, MIYOTA cal.8215,21 Jewels.)

Steinhrt-Bronze-2.gif.19a1fd123fd637a56ea98af2fb52625e.gifCorguit-bronze-3.jpg.128b7047a0aff0c1fc2813cc8db0eb8a.jpg

 

:biggrin:

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

How big is yours today rog? Mines been 38mm for ages, i thought about a spork but @mcb2007 put me off he said his was huge and heavy. As i find the sarb huge and heavy i thought id better leave it alone. Whilst most of us seem to be circa 40mm men. Im thinking im more a 32mm man maximum. I did once buy a citizen in llandudno and ended up swapping it with robert for his hammy. In robs words "thanks to that bloke in wales im now wearing a house brick". We dont mention the hammy anymore except in cofidence as following a bit of this and that it caused up roar on the dark side for 9 days. Then blew over. The hammy was 38mm. 

The Spork is 44mm (49, inc. crown)...a little small for my 8" wrist...I tend to go for bigger ones. If you can wear a 32mm watch and get away with it, you must have stick insect wrists...32mm is a ladies size. Here's the wife's 34mm (also a ladies/boys size) Bulova on my wrist...it looks ridiculously small...32mm would be invisible on me! :laughing2dw:

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse watch

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roger the Dodger said:

The Spork is 44mm (49, inc. crown)...a little small for my 8" wrist...I tend to go for bigger ones. If you can wear a 32 mm watch and get away with it, you must have stick insect wrists...32mm is a ladies size. Here's the wife's 34mm (also a ladies/boys size) Bulova on my wrist...it looks ridiculously small...32mm would be invisible on me! :laughing2dw:

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse watch

6 inch. Wrist that is. 

I think ill leave the spork alone 38mm max even the sarb feels a bit dobber at 38. 

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

Crucially it has the MK2 clutch (slip-bridle) to prevent overwinding.  Here's an idle pic whilst idling.

1593251140082969147000.thumb.jpg.19f19d17cd93160f05deb26e4a9baf5a.jpg

 

Ah yes i can see idling is its ideal roll. I think some other maker copied it and stuck an expensive badge on it and thats been similarly idling for ages in a museum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Solar Saturday, now it's stopped raining.

Citizen eco drive

 

Ive just been looking at a JLC in our quest to find @yokel a nice watch. It was 8 grand and to be fair your citizen looks just as good

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Solar Saturday, now it's stopped raining.

Citizen eco drive

 

Not here not yet lol

Picnic in the car. If everyone would just stop breathing we could see the lake ....

IMG_20200627_125158580.thumb.jpg.a1fc7472892d9903598e4808655b4527.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rotundus said:

2020-06-27_12-07-34

Trying out a banana filter, by which I mean I got banana all over me fingers and the lens :laugh:

Did you get the shed finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Not here not yet lol

Picnic in the car. If everyone would just stop breathing we could see the lake ....

IMG_20200627_125158580.thumb.jpg.a1fc7472892d9903598e4808655b4527.jpg

Hollinsworth lake?

11 minutes ago, Mulligano said:

i3gJmIH.jpg

Tissot everytime swissmatic rose gold today (T109.407.36.031.00)

Thats classy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Hollinsworth lake?

Hollingworth, so I guess so.

Hollingworth, Oklahoma, obvs

Sun came out briefly ...

IMG_20200627_141934432(1).thumb.jpg.f859e3232a8976f0e0289432b5e0dea5.jpg

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Hollingworth, so I guess so.

Hollingworth, Oklahoma, obvs

Sun came out briefly ...

IMG_20200627_141934432(1).thumb.jpg.f859e3232a8976f0e0289432b5e0dea5.jpg

Sorry meant hollingworth. We used to go sometimes from burnley. Not been in years. Used to walk around it. There was an abandoned bungalow on the side of the lake all the windows papered over very strange. We used to go over bacup where @mcb2007 says they have webbed feet. 

I think Rob lives near your end. You could pop round to his for a beer. 

I used to go to rochdale quiet a lot when i worked for the burnley oldham rochdale audit consortium int nhs. In the late 90s

Edited by Nigelp
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

There was an abandoned bungalow on the side of the lake all the windows papered over very strange

I didn't check this time but last time I think something was happening.  Demolition probably.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

 

First pair...

STEINHART OCEAN ONE BRONZE 103-0575,SWISS MADE, (ETA 2824, elabore, 25 Jewels)& CORGEUT "Bronze" (PVD, MIYOTA cal.8215,21 Jewels.)

Steinhrt-Bronze-2.gif.19a1fd123fd637a56ea98af2fb52625e.gifCorguit-bronze-3.jpg.128b7047a0aff0c1fc2813cc8db0eb8a.jpg

 

:biggrin:

I like the bottom one best. 

Just now, Jet Jetski said:

I didn't check this time but last time I think something was happening.  Demolition probably.

Maybe the foundations had gone then. Shame. First time i went to hollingworth was in the mid 70s. Ive still got the matchbox maserati. I think @mcb2007goes shooting pigeons and stuff near there. 

Ah yes the memories are flooding back now. 

Have you ever been to cliff castle keighley. Not far over the bronte moors from rochdale oaklahoma

Still the sarb

1593265480731-993177078.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over to some wood...

BOBO BIRD, WOODEN WATCHES

(made in China,Seagull automatic movement, [calibre unknown])

BOBOBIRD-DSC_0286.thumb.gif.63caa337ec9da363a89d84e8abb275ba.gif

BOBO-BIRD---DSC_0290.thumb.gif.3424cd285574044d8a337560b8fc00b6.gif

 

BOBOBIRD--DSC_0293.gif.e848bd93ce1c73d1d1462021c50d23bb.gif

BoboBird-DSC_0296.gif.44ea283bb06c82593d2ebb7ea634ed0c.gif

:biggrin:

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Over to some wood...

BOBO BIRD, WOODEN WATCHES

(made in China,Seagull automatic movement, [calibre unknown])

BOBOBIRD-DSC_0286.thumb.gif.63caa337ec9da363a89d84e8abb275ba.gif

BOBO-BIRD---DSC_0290.thumb.gif.3424cd285574044d8a337560b8fc00b6.gif

 

BOBOBIRD--DSC_0293.gif.e848bd93ce1c73d1d1462021c50d23bb.gif

BoboBird-DSC_0296.gif.44ea283bb06c82593d2ebb7ea634ed0c.gif

:biggrin:

 

I like the top one best. 

I like the red wood. Its it oak. 

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

If you peal off the bark you can tell if the trees was dead before they turned it into a watch. Often trees are killed in a terrible way to make wood watches. Very cruel. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

Did you get the shed finished. 

Yes, 2 coats, but didn't get the gates done. 

Should you paint on hamerite in the rain ? :whistle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

Yes, 2 coats, but didn't get the gates done. 

Should you paint on hamerite in the rain ? :whistle:

No id wait while its fine. Youll only get soaked. Have a rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

I like the top one best. 

I like the red wood. Its it oak. 

Thanks & I haven`t a clue what type of wood they are made from :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this today for my birthday today :biggrin: 64 , boys coming round for a take away meal & a beer :thumbsup:

deano

dtMrLFL.jpg

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...