• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Nick Parr 1977

So what’s the one watch even if bought as a gift wouldn’t even go on the wrist?

Just wondered if everyone had a watch they really didn’t like, so much it wouldn’t make the list. I think mine is a Hamilton Sub Zero

Wrist, not the list, back to school for me

Anything over-the top chunky or flash harry.  Lots of AP, Hublot, Breitling, unless it was a Christmas party or a kids birthday.

Gosh  --  you really want all our prejudices?

--  Anything with a fashion label,

--  Anything (pretty much) designed in the last thirty years by Gérald Genta.

--  Anything bejewelled.

--  Anything digital.

I think that's sufficient vituperation for now.

• Haha 2

It was from thinking on the Tag love or hate, I wouldn’t say I hated a brand but some watches I struggle to see why they were produced, having a troll wrist I don’t like anything under 44-46mm as it looks daft but I always think I wish that was in a larger size, keep fingers crossed CW do a diver that is 46mm

Swatch!  They are hideous!  Sorry to anyone that owns one!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yokel said:

--  Anything with a fashion label,

Except Gucci obvs, at least they bought a watchmaker.  Pretend for a second that they guy had at least cleaned his yuk from around the pushers ...

s-l1600.jpg

Heck, I forgot you don't like chronographs either.  :sadwalk:

• Haha 2

I like a chronograph, had 2 Gucci G models the early G square shape, paid a 1000 sold for 350, and a brown coloured circular one about 8 years ago again sold it, thought they were just a fashion brand

Just now, Jet Jetski said:

Heck, I forgot you don't like chronographs either.  :sadwalk:

Don't "dislike" chronos. Just wouldn't buy another. It's a complication which I have never used, and which adds significantly to service costs. 

If others find them useful or attractive, that's fine by me.

12 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

Quite a large list from me but at the top ,Christopher Ward.

Why not CW, my far far from expert opinion is they are a solid British brand, Have I fallen pray to marketing?

Anything too big or blingy. 

Someone could give me a million dollar Ricahrd Mille, diamond covered Rolex or Omega Proplof and it would never go on my wrist. Even if it was a wedding gift, it would be down to the local jewellers and be sold the next day. 

I like to have nice watches but I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ who wears a watch purely to shove it in everyone else’s face. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Why not CW, my far far from expert opinion is they are a solid British brand, Have I fallen pray to marketing?

The seeming constant sales they run don’t help imho.

• Like 1

For me it’s the logo. If I had one, it would be a crushing disappointment every time I looked down at the dial, knowing someone’s imagination ran out when designing it.....think the only CW I’d buy would be the Morgan pieces....

• Like 3

I’m pretty much open to wearing anything which isn’t too bling as long as it’s from a an actual watch manufacturer.

That’s not just a watch thing though, if I buy trainers they have to be from a sportswear manufacturer, same with aftershave I won’t buy anything that’s just an add on to a fashion line. 

49 minutes ago, Nick67+1 said:

I’m pretty much open to wearing anything which isn’t too bling as long as it’s from a an actual watch manufacturer.

That’s not just a watch thing though, if I buy trainers they have to be from a sportswear manufacturer, same with aftershave I won’t buy anything that’s just an add on to a fashion line. 

So you would buy Adidas trainers, not there aftershave or watches? 

Blingy watches, and those all gold coloured ones with a black face and a diamond at number twelve you used to see in catalogues.

• Like 1

I have mild OCD ,,, so for me the list is endless. There are literally only about 12 watches out of hundreds of thousands available at the moment that I would wear.... 

• Like 1

Is wear anything for a bet/if it was free. Wouldn't buy an Omega though. :hmmm9uh: