• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New arrival - Ikepod Megapod

Morning all, I took a punt on this Ikepod Megapod at the start of lockdown and it arrived this week.  It's a limited edition of 50 called the "Zaha".  Something a bit different and I am loving it.

Ikepod were originally a pretty expensive Swiss brand designed by Marc Newson who later helped design the Apple Watch.  However, the brand has since changed ownership and their watches are now being offered at much more reasonable prices since the manufacturing takes place in Hong Kong.  This one has a Japanese Miyota movement.  The quality is great so If you care more about the aesthetics than the internals then you're in luck.

It's a 46mm case but it wears more like a 43mm due to the lugless design.  The silicone strap is very comfortable and I love the legibility of the dateless dial.

I think the colour was described as brick and as you can see it's somewhere between a burnt orange and a caramel brown.  

Any thoughts?

large.ikepod1.jpg.cab96639d0b3a81c9d648a0ae419863e.jpg

large.ikepod2.jpg.61d798909d0217c5f54edca02955fd6c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting and actually quite attractive (at least from the side view). Reminds me a bit of a 1970s watch I saw back in the day.