• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Why not to baby your watches....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once ruined a perfectly good watch in a hot tub when I was 19....it was totally worth it....won’t go into details!!!!!

Ah, those halcyon days recorded in a damaged watch. My beat up old Seiko 5 reminds me of the day I took one of many short cuts whilst working underneath a large earthmover. I caught the bracelet betwe

I tend to baby my new watches at the start when they are new then over time my standards slip a little, I will end up being a little more blase with them. That geing said I do have designated watches

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

thank god you are still alive jonny 

that was 1984

possibly 49. 

Self preservation mate ... March 1st this year I went to FaceTime/WhatsApp for all my students ... actually dodged a bullet because my last same-room session with a student February 28th was with a 19 year old who literally collapsed with Covid-19 the day after and spent a week in bed... Thankfully that last session was in a ventilated room with 4 metres distancing .... So given that I am in my 50s and not exactly Charles Atlas ..... who knows how lucky I was Niglet me ole chum .... 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Self preservation mate ... March 1st this year I went to FaceTime/WhatsApp for all my students ... actually dodged a bullet because my last same-room session with a student February 28th was with a 19 year old who literally collapsed with Covid-19 the day after and spent a week in bed... Thankfully that last session was in a ventilated room with 4 metres distancing .... So given that I am in my 50s and not exactly Charles Atlas ..... who knows how lucky I was Niglet me ole chum .... 

Ah Jonny. I feel for you lass. 

Awful times. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

bless you my son :yes:

Seriously underrated movie... The soundtrack was by Rachael Portman, who also did the score for Chocolat.... Wonderful acting by Sam Neill and Portia De Rossi... so-so acting from Elle MacPherson and Tara Fitzgerald..... but none the less , one of the best movies of 1994 and a hidden classic.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Seriously underrated movie... The soundtrack was by Rachael Portman, who also did the score for Chocolat.... Wonderful acting by Sam Neill and Portia De Rossi... so-so acting from Elle MacPherson and Tara Fitzgerald..... but none the less , one of the best movies of 1994 and a hidden classic.

Agreed. And being a Roman Catholic and now poor done too Lawyer, im thinking my gran was right i should have entered the priesthood. I think i'm destined. 

• Haha 1

I remain firmly in the 'my watch is worth protecting above all else' category.

I was having a tooth removed earlier this week. Lying there under extreme anaesthetic and with the dentist yanking on my tooth with a set of pliers my primary consciousness was that my JeanRichard 1681 Ronde Small Seconds was safely out of harm's way.

When I take the bins out along our side passage it's my watch thst needs to clear the narrow traverse every time.

That said, I wear my most dressy pieces every day. No safe queens here [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mine are babyed beyond recognition...my Apex 1000m diver has never been near water, nor will it. I used to take a watch on holiday...usually a diver rated to 200m, but always took it off if I was going in the pool or the sea. These days, I have become more sensible, and never even take a watch on holiday with me...who needs to know the time when you're enjoying yourself. Let's face it...you only wear a watch in the faintest hope that someone else will see it and comment on it. In all the years that I've been on here and before, I've never, ever had someone mention the watch I was wearing. I don't even look at what someone else is is wearing, because I couldn't give a flying f@*k.

• Like 1

So after stating I like to keep my nice watches mint, imagine how pi55ed I was after scratching my new Seamaster 300M whilst swatting a fly that was driving me mad... turns out the cast iron and enamel of an Aga is slightly tougher than the polished stainless steel of an Omega :(

Not exactly a prize winning memory to go with that one!!

I must always be danging my watches, and i can't even remember doing it, then again I sometimes see blood and realise ive cut my finger and wonder how did that happen? Just taken my sarb off to examine it and its got quiet a few scrapes and dings up close, but for the life in me i never remember how it got the marks and scratches. They don't bother me, they just seem irrelevant to be right honest. Its like my cars, i like them, try to look after them even, but i still end up wondering where the new scratch or dint came from every time I clean one. I must not have the same level of awareness as some people. I'm always getting shouted at for dropping glasses when im washing up and breaking them etc. So i go and sit in't shed out of the way.