• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tudor offering discounts?

58 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

I would suggest not limiting your searches to the multiple/national chains.

Contact independents & see what they can match, or even better ?

Sound .... I was after trying on a Rolex OP in white 39mm and I got the usual derisory sh1te from major ADs whereby I had to agree to them giving me a prostate examination before they would even consider me worthy blah blah blah ... but an independent called me out of the blue when he had one and I whizzed down the coast to see him ....

The independents are not so much the Bitch to the manufacturer's pimp and they do behave differently....

mucho kudos to them..... and long may they live.....

[ incidentally I was offered an "espresso" by them ,,,, and not an expresso ( which does not exist ) ... little details matter .... :yes: ]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would suggest not limiting your searches to the multiple/national chains. Contact independents & see what they can match, or even better ?   Have always left my contact details when

There are three independents within close travelling distance to me. Their product knowledge, service, both before and after surpasses the large chains on every level, and they have had the same staff

I was browsing HotUKDeals and noticed that Tudor seem to be 'on sale' with some reasonable discounts at Ernest Jones. Sadly you can't buy online but might be available to reserve over the phone (haven

11 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Sound .... I was after trying on a Rolex OP in white 39mm and I got the usual derisory sh1te from major ADs whereby I had to agree to them giving me a prostate examination before they would even consider me worthy blah blah blah ... but an independent called me out of the blue when he had one and I whizzed down the coast to see 

What happened? Is it incoming mate?

1 hour ago, relaxer7 said:

What happened? Is it incoming mate?

This was back in February .... tried it on .... lovely watch , just not for me .... so declined. The dealer was astonished , I don't think he is used to customers trying on Rolex watches and not buying .... he was delighted though for the other guy who was on the list to call after me.

This was an independent AD that I had absolutely no history with whatsoever.... I could not even remember enquiring about the watch but apparently emailed them in December 2019 !? 

Really nice guy he was.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, mitadoc said:

All of these sales are like a little red alarm signals for something going worse. Less purchase power, less customers, less money spent on luxury goods, possible market shake/crash.

Might just be a case of rents and business rates kicking back in when the shops open (plus any suspended payments) and they want to get some cash in asap. There will be many who have been hit financially by the lockdown but many others whose companies kept them on full pay and they also gained from not having any travel costs, costa coffees etc. They may now have some spare cash and want to splash out a bit.

51 minutes ago, richy176 said:

Might just be a case of rents and business rates kicking back in when the shops open (plus any suspended payments) and they want to get some cash in asap. There will be many who have been hit financially by the lockdown but many others whose companies kept them on full pay and they also gained from not having any travel costs, costa coffees etc. They may now have some spare cash and want to splash out a bit.

This is true I think. Also there is the problem that although there is a vast latent demand, that demand won't start to be properly realised until the job carnage of July/Aug/September has fallen back. Many people have been preparing for the inevitable so I don't expect to see full latent demand being realised until the early winter. The retailers are in a catch-22 with the flexible furlough  system kicking in tomorrow and that issue coupled with bills you mentioned mean that there will be a simple cash flow problem looming. The main problem with the new phase of furlough is that it's caught many employers on the hop because employees who have not been furloughed by today , can not be furloughed at all now. This means retailers who tried to plan this 6 months of chaos in two distinct ( and logical phases ) are now "stuck" with employees, a lot of whom are doing not much. The government announced the new rules with very little time and they did this deliberately to ensure the system was not "played". 

49 minutes ago, Roxyben said:

I thought I didn't need another watch. But.... I really like that. 

I have that one, really good watch and despite it's size is comfy to wear on my small wrists. That's a very good price.

Seiko Samurai SRPB51K1 (Cal 4R35) 2

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

I have that one, really good watch and despite it's size is comfy to wear on my small wrists. That's a very good price.

Seiko Samurai SRPB51K1 (Cal 4R35) 2

Thanks for the pic, lume looks unreal! Yeah have ordered one. If I didn't then I would be thinking about it all week then probably go to purchase later in week and it will probably be sold out! This has happened before, not gonna make the same mistake again! 

• Like 1