• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tudor offering discounts?

I was browsing HotUKDeals and noticed that Tudor seem to be 'on sale' with some reasonable discounts at Ernest Jones. Sadly you can't buy online but might be available to reserve over the phone (haven't personally tried).

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/l/tudor-watches/price%7Con+sale/recipient%7Chim/?Ns=P_Stock_Status_Sort%7c0%7c%7cP_Current_Price%7c0

This caught my eye...

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/5031109/tudor+black+bay+men%27s+stainless+steel+bracelet+watch/

• Like 2
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would suggest not limiting your searches to the multiple/national chains. Contact independents & see what they can match, or even better ?   Have always left my contact details when

There are three independents within close travelling distance to me. Their product knowledge, service, both before and after surpasses the large chains on every level, and they have had the same staff

I was browsing HotUKDeals and noticed that Tudor seem to be 'on sale' with some reasonable discounts at Ernest Jones. Sadly you can't buy online but might be available to reserve over the phone (haven

Wow some very good discounts there. If I hadn’t bought my Conny a couple of months back I’d be very tempted but my scratch is itched for now. 

I do wonder if it’s a sign that they know new model lines are on the way. Rolex are set to announce in September so Tudor May be doing the same thing. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GASHEAD said:

Blimey those are some pretty good discounts... Ernest Jones on the ropes?

Further afield, some Swiss retailers are happy to engage in negotiations to close a deal.

Sense there will be other retailers offering enticing discounts/offers ?

Not Tudor in my case.

:watch:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, zapot said:

Glad this post is well received - did worry that people might think I was affiliated with EJ (which I'm not).

Agree, some great prices...

Hey we like discounts! Anything like this is welcome! If it has the chance to help a fellow forum members get something they didn’t quite have the funds for its all good! 

There’s also some very good prices for Omega on there too...albeit a different price bracket. 

To be fair to EJ they often have sales on during the summer and Xmas....they had some great deals on Breitling this January 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Sense there will be other retailers offering enticing discounts/offers ?

Not Tudor in my case.

I have to agree with @Karrusel on this one, some great discounts there, but sadly Tudor don't make anything that I have enjoyed having on my wrist.

I hope that some other retailers think about offering some nice discounts, sadly the watch I have in my sights is unlikely to have any discount on it.

Fingers crossed anyway.

29 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

I’ve always got my eyes open for sales

I'm after a Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Classic Large Duoface Small Seconds in Stainless Steel Ref. 3848422

If you could find me a new one of those with a discount from an AD I'd be very happy, been looking on Cronos24, but I want to try it on before I buy, so I will go down the AD even if it costs me more.

But a discount is always appreciated. :biggrin:

A lot of companies are looking at their balance sheets and realising that flexible furlough starts in a couple of days and that the subsidy is about to get a lot more expensive for them, to cut a long story short , they need to pay wages and to do that they need to actually sell stuff,,, quickly ......

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I'm after a Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Classic Large Duoface Small Seconds in Stainless Steel Ref. 3848422

If you could find me a new one of those with a discount from an AD I'd be very happy, been looking on Cronos24, but I want to try it on before I buy, so I will go down the AD even if it costs me more.

But a discount is always appreciated. :biggrin:

Well there are places like the Watch Source etc....Pah just go in and be cheeky! Walk in, try it on, ask for 10-20% off and if they say no, leave your business card, say you’re in town for an hour and leave.....it’s amazing what they will do. And what have you got to lose? They can only say no and not ring back 

PS it’s also my grail watch 

That or the blue dial small seconds 

• Thanks 1

https://www.professionaljeweller.com/breaking-news-signet-to-close-80-uk-stores/

During lockdown, I was awaiting delivery of a watch and was $hitting it that the company may fold.

I signed up to this website for intel on jewellers who might be struggling.

EJ announced a few weeks ago that a number of shops will not reopen. 

An outlet EJ near to me carries loads of end of line and shop front watches at discounted prices.

Might take a look to see if the outlet shop has reopened and pick a bargain.

• Like 1

Interesting about EJ. It doesn’t suprise me however. When you have goldsmith, Mappin and Webb, WOS and beaver brooks, Fraser hart, chisholm hunter, th Baker plus the official stores and local jewellers the market is somewhat saturated. 

EJ has never really stood out to me, if I want an AD and a luxury experience I tend to go to WOS, if I want a great deal then Fraser Hart or Chisholm Hunter, if I want a pre owned bargain I go to my local jewellers. 

Edited by WickerBill
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see if the EJ local to me 're opens. As a company, even on their own website, they did have some of the worst customer feedback I've bothered to read. 

• Like 1

I would suggest not limiting your searches to the multiple/national chains.

Contact independents & see what they can match, or even better ?

Have always left my contact details when visiting or making new contacts, not just in the horological world.

It doesn’t surprise me now when someone says “leave it with me, I’ll get back to you”

Nothing wrong with cheeky (always courteous) bids, IMO.

Always keep your powder dry though !

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

I would suggest not limiting your searches to the multiple/national chains.

Contact independents & see what they can match, or even better ?

Have always left my contact details when visiting or making new contacts, not just in the horological world.

It doesn’t surprise me now when someone says “leave it with me, I’ll get back to you”

Nothing wrong with cheeky (always courteous) bids, IMO.

Always keep your powder dry though !

:biggrin:

There are three independents within close travelling distance to me. Their product knowledge, service, both before and after surpasses the large chains on every level, and they have had the same staff for years, which is always a good sign, and you can get a deal.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

There are three independents within close travelling distance to me. Their product knowledge, service, both before and after surpasses the large chains on every level, and they have had the same staff for years, which is always a good sign, and you can get a deal.

Agree completely!

The same can be said for the majority of dealers I know & meet.

• Thanks 1

Really good discounts. Especially Omega SM 300 master coaxial is 3600 GBP.

All of these sales are like a little red alarm signals for something going worse. Less purchase power, less customers, less money spent on luxury goods, possible market shake/crash.

Just thoughts.