• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Tynedale45

Roamer Rotodate help please

Hello Simon

I was given my late father's Roamer Rotodate watch, it has '44' in the face too (presumably the number of jewels) and Brevete and various patent numbers on the back. If I wear it, it seems to work OK except the winding stem and knob (crown, jewel etc) are missing.  There is only a small round, hollow piece sticking out of the watch. Whilst my research suggests this is a rare model, I'd quite like to wear it.

To do that, I'll need a winding stem and the 'knob' or whatever it's called. Is this something I can insert myself without dismantling the watch? ...if so, do you know where I can get what I need?

I don't think the value of the watch justifies a professional job, unless said professional was doing it for himself.

I'd be grateful for you help and advice please.

Thanks, from another Simon in the UK.

It sounds like a simple crown and stem repair. However it's difficult to test the full function of the watch, without it. 

If you are able to give me the Calibre and number of the movement I could send you one, but fitting maybe beyond you. If you are not sure of the service history of the watch it may not solve all your problems. A full service would ensure reliable performance,

if you need further help, Shout.

Regards Simon.