• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Friday already WRUW?

Morning...

1940's MOVADO 'ERMETO' pocket/travel watch.

Silver case with black laquer slides.

7dbVJY6.jpg

CYXiKmk.jpg

krojGhi.jpg

yMs1Zv3.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, greasemonk said:

breitling on sailcloth today

That looks great with that strap. Where did you get it?

This arrived yesterday & after a light polish & a bit of work to free up the stuck bezel (due to a bit of brass on brass corrosion/ageing) it's now on my wrist - very nice it is too & it'll keep my Borealis company as that's the only other brass/bronze watch in my collection.

Have a good weekend :thumbs_up:

vxrROo2.jpg

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 10

Morning all, still with the monster:yes:

37f4zkg.jpg

1 hour ago, pauluspaolo said:

This arrived yesterday & after a light polish & a bit of work to free up the stuck bezel (due to a bit of brass on brass corrosion/ageing) it's now on my wrist - very nice it is too & it'll keep my Borealis company as that's the only other brass/bronze watch in my collection.

Have a good weekend :thumbs_up:

vxrROo2.jpg

You got this one .. tried to get this as a trade. Well done sir:yes:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lou61 said:

That looks great with that strap. Where did you get it?

ebay 

203028284016 cheap as chips but seem strongly made and when broken in ,very comfy..i have bought these in several lug widths,at that price it would be rude not to..
Edited by greasemonk
sspelin
  • Thanks 1

Has to be this :yahoo:Shocker :yahoo:today, and the next few days too.

shr_1148.jpg

and you can see just in the background a 4 TPI Stub Acme Profile Gauge in for calibration. No rest for some........

HAGWE:thumbs_up: 

28 minutes ago, Sulie said:

Morning all, still with the monster:yes:

37f4zkg.jpg

I do like a 1st Gen Monster.

:thumbsup:

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Sulie said:

You got this one .. tried to get this as a trade. Well done sir:yes:

Thanks Sulie - I used to have one years ago. I didn't keep it long but regretted selling it so was glad to snag this one. It's a good quality watch & the brass will, of course, re-tarnish after my light polishing so will end up looking unique. We went to Portugal in July 2014 & I sold the watch soon after so it's been a while since I've owned one. My friend has an Armida A1 I  think (big, stainless steel diver with heavily domed sapphire) which he swears by despite having much more expensive watches. He's also got a Benarus Moray which I've asked for first refusal on. Trouble is he's working in Malaysia & the watch is in storage in London & I've no clue when he'll next be in the country :( 

Anyway here's a photo of my first A7, on the hotel balcony in Portugal (Praia De Rocha), that I took back in 2014 :biggrin:

9GwtCfr.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1