• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Always"watching"

How Do I Get Rid of Yahoo!?

I decided to uninstall Firefox on my laptop and use Google Chrome instead as my default browser. The final decider was when Firefox suddenly decided to use Yahoo as its search engine instead of Google, and effected this switch without my consent. Having uninstalled Firefox and downloaded Google Chrome, everything seemed to be fine. However, it transpires that I just cannot get rid of Yahoo, and every now and then when using Google Chrome, Yahoo comes up as the search engine instead of Google. I have checked the programs and apps, as well as the default settings, and I just can't work out how Yahoo suddenly takes over. Any advice on how to fix this problem would be most welcome as I am not keen on Yahoo as a search engine for research.

In my limited experience of computers this about the only way 

hqdefault.jpg

But I'm sure someone smarter than me will be along shortly 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

It's most likely that you recently installed some software (or an update to existing software) that came bundled with Yahoo! Search and you didn't notice so failed to untick the relevant box to prevent its installation.

Anyway, here's an article which explains how to change (and remove) Search Engines from various browsers including Firefox and Chrome.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/change-browser-default-search-engine/299891/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2