• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Today will feature a watch generously donated to me by one of our stalwart members, Dave @Davey P, a respected forum friend and favourite. Dave kindly gave me this watch when he offered it up as a find in a random box of several others that came his way around Christmas time last year. A true gentleman, and, I hope, what this forum is all about. All it needed was a new battery, and a bit of TLC to remove some very insignificant swirlies to the acrylic crystal and SS bracelet. This watch is now one of my favourites. Thanks, Dave! :thumbsup: It's the Casio 1922-A220 'Futurist' Illuminator. This one has a negative display, but is still easy to read in daylight. The backlight at night is green. The main feature of this watch is that it has a vibrating alarm, which alerts you via....well....vibrating on your wrist. Just make sure you keep it on when you  go to bed...

Casio 1922-A220 Illuminator.

Night vision...

Multiple adjustments on the clasp...about an inch (25mm). :sign_what:

Reminds me of this...the watch that James Coburn wore in the film 'Our Man Flint'....not sure about the 'Apple' tag, though.....'Apple' hadn't even been thought of when this film was made...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Timex Camper today.

large.15943521256483751152285767608714.jpg.de12b5969fc31a577de36516be4eaa72.jpg

Always used to buy one of these for my friends children as their first watch.

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Today will feature a watch generously donated to me by one of our stalwart members, Dave @Davey P, a respected forum friend and favourite. Dave kindly gave me this watch when he offered it up as a find in a random box of several others that came his way around Christmas time last year. A true gentleman, and, I hope, what this forum is all about. All it needed was a new battery, and a bit of TLC to remove some very insignificant swirlies to the acrylic crystal and SS bracelet. This watch is now one of my favourites. Thanks, Dave! :thumbsup: 

Mate, you are easily pleased! :laughing2dw:  But I'm really glad you like it, and thanks for the kind words, that means a lot to me :thumbsup:

I fancied a change from my usual TW Steel / Casio Edifice regulars today, so I'm giving this lovely Fossil a bit of wrist time:

20180316_095801

Bought from the Fossil Outlet in Austria while I was out there "working".  Just a simple no-date 3 hander, but sometimes less is more, and I really like this one :yahoo:

• Like 10

For today.....    the elusive  50/50.

Roy engraved the rotor and box for my wife for my 60th..

large.DSCF1511.JPG.06fd06567871c2fc2966e268442fea39.JPGlarge.DSCF1510.JPG.0234e3063ef89f98962e627db23969b7.JPGlarge.DSCF1512.JPG.2e65df0a3ad6cc9b2acd07eff9030c5c.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Today will feature a watch generously donated to me by one of our stalwart members, Dave @Davey P, a respected forum friend and favourite. Dave kindly gave me this watch when he offered it up as a find in a random box of several others that came his way around Christmas time last year. A true gentleman, and, I hope, what this forum is all about. All it needed was a new battery, and a bit of TLC to remove some very insignificant swirlies to the acrylic crystal and SS bracelet. This watch is now one of my favourites. Thanks, Dave! :thumbsup: It's the Casio 1922-A220 'Futurist' Illuminator. This one has a negative display, but is still easy to read in daylight. The backlight at night is green. The main feature of this watch is that it has a vibrating alarm, which alerts you via....well....vibrating on your wrist. Just make sure you keep it on when you  go to bed...

Night vision...

Multiple adjustments on the clasp...about an inch (25mm). :sign_what:

Reminds me of this...the watch that James Coburn wore in the film 'Our Man Flint'....not sure about the 'Apple' tag, though.....'Apple' hadn't even been thought of when this film was made...

Nice one and fair play Dave :rltrlt:

Friday at last .. still with this g shock .. on a Nato !! What will they think of next :biggrin:keep safe all :clap:

swr3Htr.jpg

2 hours ago, greasemonk said:

hummer today..r3iZCnT.jpg?1

Look at that colour that is awesome 

Really miss my hummer.. not as wonderful as yours but still a hummer 

beautiful :yes:

• Like 7

I`m starting off in the black...

SEIKO SNZJ67K1 cal. 7S36C 23 Jewels & BULOVA 98A186 SPECIAL EDITION LUNAR PILOT CHRONOGRAPH

1716165969_Seiko--Bulova-4.gif.d5bfce35f726a7c758240c47a0f88a94.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 13

Morning (just!) watch groovers. This lovely Limit of Switzerland for me today, courtesy of our very own @Tazmo61

50096926086_1fa834fc08_b.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

One of my enduring absolute favourites today . ., .

CtANG5u.jpg

• Like 12