• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Which of your quartz watches is the most difficult to set?

I like both mechanical and quartz watches and I can usually set them up with not too much head scratching.

Apart from one......the Suunto Core !!

It has the most convoluted badly described setup procedure I have ever met!!

Do you have a particular watch which is a headache to set up??

Roger20180911_110317.thumb.jpg.cf3ffc2f1caca9ba418d3ff22a7c8fe5.jpg

• Like 2

Not mine but a colleague of mine at work has a red arrows Citizen Eco Drive. It has a radio controlled atomic clock....I spent 2 hours trying to override it because he’d just come back off holiday from Australia and it was reading the wrong time....could I figure it out? Hell as like could I....I managed to get it to GMT rather than BST but it’s as close as I got. 

Needlessly complicated computer where a simple crown would have been sufficient 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

Not mine but a colleague of mine at work has a red arrows Citizen Eco Drive. It has a radio controlled atomic clock....I spent 2 hours trying to override it because he’d just come back off holiday from Australia and it was reading the wrong time....could I figure it out? Hell as like could I....I managed to get it to GMT rather than BST but it’s as close as I got. 

I leave mine for a day in a windowsill, that always works for me. Its previous owner had the same trouble as you. From memory it was someone on this forum that told me to leave it on the window and it would sort itself.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

I have that watch too...just taken it out of the safe and had to go through that as well...

IIRC you MUST set the RHS display to London before it will play nicely

1 hour ago, WickerBill said:

Not saying they`re bad watches or anything but to me theres far too much going on, i think to myself what a pain they might be to set, same with some of the casio G-shocks, they look complicated but for some it will be a doddle, an hour hand, minute hand, second hand, and a date window are sufficient for me.

Edited by sabailand
  • Like 1

Breitling Aerospace

Not particularly difficult technically but as everything is set by the small single crown it is fiddly, especially as some functions depend on how quickly you rotate the crown.

Not too difficult once you get used to it, but a little tricky to start with, definitely nee to read the instructions first. :laughing2dw:

Seiko Chronograph, Perpetual Calendar - SPC129P1 – (Cal: 7T86)

Seiko SPC129P1 (Cal 7T86)

Most of the rest I have are fairly standard to set, the one thing that does annoy me with quartz is the amount of different batteries you need to have, every one seems to need a different type of battery, and always ends up being one I don't have.:sign_wtf::laughing2dw:

I find most of my quartz watches a pain, but for a different reason than everyone here.

I'm MASSIVELY OCD about the hands on my watches pointing as perfectly as possible to their markers. When setting a quartz you generally find that when you push the crown back in it jogs the minute hand a little.

Mechanical minute hands tend to stay where they are set.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk