• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
TDC

Concept Bulova Accutron

Morning all, after I bought my original Accutron Spaceview I stumbled across an article on a concept and have been eagerly awaiting details ever since.

The article is here: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/citizen-electrostatic-accutron-concept-movement-introducing 

729A0298.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&fm=jpg&q=

I've been looking through Google results and can't find any sort of update, I don't suppose anyone knows of any developments?  I love the look of it and just how different it is, it would look great next to the original I think!

TC

• Like 1

Not sure what has  come of that 'concept'. The Bulova/Citizen Marketing dept sure flooded the social media platforms on this watch concept a year or so ago, maybe to gauge interest but not sure  what has happened since. I find in interesting but nothing I would  ever own. Its certainly not a reissue since is looks nothing like any original. I own 8 or nine pre-1963 Spaceviews and I wouldn't set this one next to those. Maybe Covid has something to do with it? 

Update: I saw a post on another watch forum with 4 (pre-order) Electrostatic Spaceviews for sale. All in USD. Not something I would be willing to spend on any of them. 

50175511977_3f99c06ea4_o.png

50174716438_23310f571c_o.png

50174716933_30b3fde6fd_o.png

50175513722_d5a514e72d.jpg

Thanks for the replies, I did not know they were for sale yet.

I don't know how much I love it- but I do love the fact that it is so different and the innovation inside.  The price is a little higher than expected, maybe when second hand prices become apparent they will plateau due to scarcity (I cannot see them selling millions), one day I might get to see one in the flesh and make a decision!