• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Rallye Watches?

Chris_H

Hello,

I'm trying to find out when and where this watch might have been made. I'm struggling to find out any information about the maker (which I'm presuming is Rallye) online and wondered if anybody here might have more information. I'm interested in it's history really!

Thanks very much for your help!

Chris

KOjQ==&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.

2 hours ago, Chris_H said:

Hello,

I'm trying to find out when and where this watch might have been made. I'm struggling to find out any information about the maker (which I'm presuming is Rallye) online and wondered if anybody here might have more information. I'm interested in it's history really!

Chris

With "Antichoc" on the dial I would guess French, but unless someone comes along who knows, "Rallye" generates too much noise to research.

If you can get the back off and post a picture of the movement that might give a clue. Also any markings on the caseback.

Incidentally I can only see your picture on my phone. On my PC it just shows as a code, as in the quote.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Chris

Can't see the image

Use a picture hosting site and paste the link or url of the image here

Alternatively use the Tapatalk app

• Thanks 1

Decent pictures would be a great help. So far, like Norman, I am pretty much in the dark, especially as I have not seen the picture you tried to post with your query. The terms "antichoc" and "Rallye" certainly imply a possible French origin, and the only company to use "Rallye" as a branding tool that comes to mind is Yema, a French watch concern who have produced watches over the years with "Rallye" on the dial but perhaps only in combination with the company name. What is interesting, and relevant to the Yema Rallye watches, is that in French, the word "rallye" is used by itself to denote a "motor race".

• Thanks 1

Hello all! Thanks for your replies. Apologies about the pictures. I hadn't realised they hadn't worked. Trying again!

http://imgur.com/gallery/IwLSDRE

Sorry, cant't immediately give you the maker, but the movement is an FE 233-68 or similar, which pretty much nails the watch as of French manufacture.

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Balaton1109 said:

Sorry, cant't immediately give you the maker, but the movement is an FE 233-68 or similar, which pretty much nails the watch as of French manufacture.

Regards.

Thanks very much! That's great! All signs certainly seem to be pointing to France don't they? It'd be lovely to get an idea of it's age. Someone suggested 1960s above... 

1 hour ago, Chris_H said:

Thanks very much! That's great! All signs certainly seem to be pointing to France don't they? It'd be lovely to get an idea of it's age. Someone suggested 1960s above... 

You're welcome, and please excuse my typo  -  the movement should have read FE 233-60 or similar. The style of the numerals and hands suggest 1950s to me but these things are not an exact science as styles can "bleed" either side of any specific decade.

Regards.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Your help has been much appreciated. I feel confident in saying this is certainly a French watch and likely from the 1950s. I think I've probably reached a dead end on finding out any more for now but that's certainly more than I knew a few days ago.

(I have another watch that I'm hoping to ask for your help in dating. A Smiths watch that was my grandfather's. I'll save that for another thread however.)

Thanks all!

• Like 2