UK Watch Forum banner

What havent you got?...

2K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  tick-tock-tittle-tattle 
#1 ·
That you might like to own?

Me...

A compressor

A chrono (as long as it isnt cluttered, actually, they mostly look cluttered so I'll take it off my list :yes: )

White dial

Single hander (love the slow jo but its quartz)

Digital (an older, coloured LCD style)

A bullhead (a big want)

Havent got a proper dress watch either....but dont really want one!

#5 ·
Also completely ridiculous considering that I have a collection many would consider OTT already, but I don't have a Chronomètre Bleu :wub: , and am never likely to get one :wacko:

#8 ·
That you might like to own?

A bullhead (a big want)
I wanted a bullhead for a long time, found a very nice quartz kick-starter with a gold dial, didn't like wearing it although it was a lovely watch it didn't sit right on my wrist, gave it away this weekend and three days later ...

Watch Analog watch White Product Clock

I don't want to take this one off! Much better balanced, column wheel flyback chrono. 18mm one piece strap from vintagewatchstraps (needs curved bars), bund from Italy, and I'm rocking the 70s all over again!

I have been instructed how to get the day wheel to show the English truncation lol

I don't have ... well I don't know - how about a california dial?

[IMG alt="Spinnaker Hull California" data-ratio="64.47"]https://www.newlabelsonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/20190517_204006_2-e1558129490189-760x490.jpg[/IMG]

I have to say I am not buying any more watches - the Citizen bullhead was a mistake - I just sent a 'silly' offer thinking I would get a counter offer to give me some breathing space, and it got accepted. I have accidentally bought quite a few watches that way recently, so I would say although ticket prices may look robust, there are a lot of fok wanting to liquidate their assets too.

Attachments

#9 ·
A Platinum cased watch (Moser very likely)

A minute repeater

A Grand Seiko Snowflake

None are cheap and in truth I am quite happy with what I have, so there's no hurry and they will only happen if I find I have too much money (quite unlikely given how this year has clobbered me)

Reactions: Jet Jetski
#10 ·
A bench drill press.

Several hundred sovereigns ( my friend has around 300 which are are now worth more that 3x what he paid, gold being at an all time high. His plan is to sell as soon as gold peaks, bank the cash and then start again when gold falls, as it will)

A carefree life anymore since this bloody Covid nonsense.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am loving mine - normally I send them straight off for a service, and I know I should really, but it is keeping fantastic time and I have lost interest in my ther daily wearers!

Watch Analog watch White Product Clock

column wheel flyback under the radar!

When this post started I still didn't have my pointer day watch - Oris and Maurice Lacroix do them but really pricey just to stick in a box in the shelf - this is the only quartz one I could find, although I know Bulova do a kind of day pointer movement.

[IMG alt="IMG_20200724_145921685(1).thumb.jpg.bb7e32572caa6932a0f3099dfe7e37ea.jpg" data-ratio="131.87"]https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/forumgallery/monthly_2020_07/IMG_20200724_145921685(1).thumb.jpg.bb7e32572caa6932a0f3099dfe7e37ea.jpg[/IMG]

just arrived!

Attachments

#18 ·
A bit 'brand whore' rather than complication for me.

To complete my collection I'd like

An aviation watch: current favourites are a Navitimer, Zenith Type 20, Longines Avigation

A Titanium watch: Zenith Defy

A Luxury Diver: Omega Planet Ocean or JLC Polaris

A grail watch: JLC Reverso small seconds

I'm not too fussed with high complications....sure they're nice and the watch making is amazing....but the service costs less so!

#29 ·
One of these

b1a685974f5946bd348732fcfe66dc03.jpg
I bought one in 2004 and it hardly left my wrist for ten years but now they they went up so much I very rarely wear it and fantastic watch though it is I can't think it represents good value for money at the current market price...not that I would consider selling it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.