• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I am looking for a daily wearer that will withstand my new found love - my VW T5 camper!!! I need ideally, a watch that will withstand knocks and bangs and lots of beach time but still be of decent quality. I prefer 42mm - 45mm and looking to spend up to £400.

I have an Omega planet ocean, Longines legend diver, OrisBC1 Christopher Ward Sapphire and unfortunately and Apple Watch (which I love for work purposes!!) so would be interested in other or different brands.

Ideas welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

G Shock, won’t be able to damage it and has a compass, Casio Edifice i would have said CW but you have one

This is the correct answer. Anything from the G Shock range will be more than adequate.

I’d say Gshock too as they’re robust, take a beating and just keep going and you get the waterproofing for the beach.

If you avoid the metal ones you’re less likely to damage any paintwork on the van If you end up working on it.

There’s one for sale in the sales section I think, which would leave you enough cash spare for a drive away awning or cadac cooker:thumbsup:

PS pics of van pls

Might be a bit small at 38mm but the old sarb 33 and 35 make fantastic beaters for less than 400 quid. Here i am sat in my shed. 

20200726_150806.jpg

I’d say Gshock too as they’re robust, take a beating and just keep going and you get the waterproofing for the beach.

If you avoid the metal ones you’re less likely to damage any paintwork on the van If you end up working on it.
There’s one for sale in the sales section I think, which would leave you enough cash spare for a drive away awning or cadac cooker:thumbsup:

PS pics of van pls

Got the awning and the misses won’t let me buy a Cadac!!6006b193af3a39be554e6094d9efff3a.jpg

• Like 1

The problem comes when you buy a watch to be a designated beater,  receive it then deem it too nice to be a beater! Then your looking for another one. But yeah as voiced by many above the g shocks are great for the task of a beater. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdalg1 said:

Got the awning and the misses won’t let me buy a Cadac!!6006b193af3a39be554e6094d9efff3a.jpg

Looks nice that:thumbsup:, 2 or 4berth? I’ve a T4 which I had converted about 10yrs ago. Love it and can’t bring myself to get rid even though we have a caravan too now:whistle: Mine needs a bit of bodywork doing really. Gshock at the ready 

Talk the missus around re the cadac, brilliant to use

Edited by Littlelegs
Cadac update

Seiko solar diver - there happens to be one on the sales corner that's well under your budget :whistle: - great build, solar movement (no battery changes) & a plastic/resin shroud to protect the case from knocks :) 

CSzNnwd.jpg

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 1
Seiko solar diver - there happens to be one on the sales corner that's well under your budget :whistle: - great build, solar movement (no battery changes) & a plastic/resin shroud to protect the case from knocks [emoji4] 
 CSzNnwd.jpg

Nice bit of advertising there [emoji6]
I have messaged you!!

So I went for 8f4a2f2d36295909c4035bc4597d4982.jpg

Bought from our very own sales corner - it is my first Seiko......I don’t think it will be my last. I think I get it now.....!!

Seiko solar diver - there happens to be one on the sales corner that's well under your budget :whistle: - great build, solar movement (no battery changes) & a plastic/resin shroud to protect the case from knocks [emoji4] 
 CSzNnwd.jpg

Thanks for a super easy transaction my friend. I will wear it in good health.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 27/07/2020 at 00:09, Francis Urquhart said:

SKX007J-NATO3_LRG.jpgUnder £250 and good for the beach.

Quite uncomfortable ,at least for me, watch. The crown guard at 4 o'clocks dig as hell the back of my wrist. Couldn't live with that.