• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

1 hour ago, Littlelegs said:

The swatch scuba is probably the only childish watch I have & I don’t consider I have any that are outlandish. I don’t wear it as it’s missing the click spring and I can’t seem to get one :rolleyes:

large.DSCN1141.JPG.503528792088614d9cdfeb38feb59bab.JPG

I really like that 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Partick thistle 1 sten house muir nil. I always remember the scottish premiership off thec1978 porridge christmas special.

There was also Eric Morecambe's East Fife 4 Forfar 5,

They just don't make comedy shows like these anymore.

1978 was also the start of the Ferguson era and when we would consistently win trophies, seems like a lifetime ago now. :(:laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Karrusel said:

DC was rushed into hospital yesterday (pre-existing condition) & is currently in AMU.

Bit of an update...

Things have improved with DC’s condition since yesterday, although still early days.

Having physical visitor contact (pretty much none existent) is extremely difficult at present due to the current Covid19 protocols.

However, I was allowed, under strict controls, to see DC for about 30 minutes yesterday, & similarly today, which helped us both enormously!!

Thanks to those ^^^^^ for your kind wishes, & those that took the trouble to contact me privately.

Greatly appreciated!

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

There was also Eric Morecambe's East Fife 4 Forfar 5,

They just don't make comedy shows like these anymore.

1978 was also the start of the Ferguson era and when we would consistently win trophies, seems like a lifetime ago now. :(:laughing2dw:

A golden age of footy the late 70s. My dad was a ref in the football league and lancashire combination after retiring from playing semi pro for Nelson Lancs. As a child between about 6 and 10 we went all over. Everton, Manchester utd, Liverpool. Where he ran the line mostly. Also Bury, Oldham Athletic, Chester. All stick in the mind. He called a game off at Oldham, because theyd had new goal puts up, the old wood ones and the posts were square section. In the end they got them planed and the game went ahead. I had the run of club facilities and Manchesters suite was very posh it seemed, with a telly in a wood cabinet. My favourite ground was Evertons where i always got free milk shin pads and various football stuff. :biggrin: happy days them. 

• Like 2

The most fun watch within the household at the moment is a very recent arrival of our kids.
A tad weighty for me to justify the purchase he decided he would buy one anyway, luckily I get to wear it when I wish as he now wears the larger ones of mine too.

This is the new Gruppo Gamma Nexus "Wandering Hands" and a beauty it is too.

The hours are read through the window at the bottom of the hand and the minutes at the other end.

3e8f77c34e5a6484b52d087b1ed43167.jpga704d7057f432b7d5a9fb43334316561.jpgcbd24c8a98f774c937daf962d7ea3ab6.jpg35cf8c0d03376809cc295448459759c8.jpg

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Marcin said:

Cartoonish it is:) 

Closest I've got to a cartoon on a watch is this one, with it's bold Fat Face logo on the dial:

20200429_154858

Bought a while ago as an addition to my growing "collection-within-a-collection", but not worn since because it's too small for my taste (it looked much bigger in the photos on the ebay advert... :laughing2dw:)

I'm now up to 15 Fat Face watches, which is just ridiculous, so I might have an eBay purge sometime soon and get them down to a sensible number.  Watch this space...

• Like 4

Cant actually wear it...  its boys size....but its in my pocket!!

large.Hoppy1.jpg.7a603316a47c51c0aec75fac56530780.jpglarge.Hoppy2.jpg.1de96fa8fcfe9f068ea9de55363a5e6a.jpg

• Like 4

Another pair rarely seen in public...

CITIZEN Blue Eagle,NH6600-54FB, & PARNIS 587 (both Miyota 8200 series, 21 Jewels)

117869302_CITIZENBlueEagleNH6600-54FBPARNIS587(bothMiyota8200series21Jewels).thumb.gif.bca4c664bad59fd263e49535382b342f.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Judging by the replies apart from the odd one, i don't think we are a forum who tend to go for funny watches. More Rolex Submariners, Speedies, and the odd cheap Seiko like mine. Amazing that eh. :tumbleweed:

• Like 1

Not a daft watch but I was daft enough to buy the living hell it turned out to be.
08f9fd97167752d616b5a8926f53defb.jpg

Edited by mcb2007
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, mcb2007 said:

Not a daft watch but I was daft enough to buy the living hell it turned out to be.
08f9fd97167752d616b5a8926f53defb.jpg

its scrubbed up well, its a looker. I'd wear it yeh i like it. 

Dick Turpin, yeh the Dick Turpin thats what we'll nickname it. 

• Haha 1

Ok I do have one of these .. my six year old bought it for me sometime ago from a garage :whistle:

sBd38bE.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sulie said:

I really like that 

I bought it in the late 80s early 90s at an airport duty free. Wore it a lot. The straps seen better days and it still works. Shame the bezel click spring broke

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Not mine, my grandsons you understand...

large.IMG_20200724_133747027.jpg.c95ca2b95cc51a4fd3920883058c14e5.jpg

@Roger the Dodger look what you've done to the forum. :watch: @mcb2007 rob i give in 

i try to keep things right and ive got this to contend with. :tumbleweed:this last sanctum of sanity turned upside down by its own MOD. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

@Roger the Dodger look what you've done to the forum. :watch: @mcb2007 rob i give in 

i try to keep things right and ive got this to contend with. :tumbleweed:this last sanctum of sanity turned upside down by its own MOD. 

Hopefully it made all those that contributed smile a little today. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Hopefully it made all those that contributed smile a little today. :thumbsup:

you're a good un rog, you know that, fancy a free ferit? me en rob @mcb2007 are starting up a business breeding 'em in Ramsbottom 

ferrit | sarahfranco9 | Flickr

that one the first born its called uncledickturpin 

• Haha 2